Unable to unlock laptop

My sister gave me her old laptop, an HP 2000 running Windows 8.1. She hasn’t used it in 3+ years, and she does not remember the password she used. I am unable to bypass the login page, having tried all the password options she could recall ever using. I tried reboot>F11>Troubleshoot>Reset Your PC, but received a message saying “Unable to reset your PC. A required drive partition is missing.” Is there another workaround for this to factory reset or bypass the password screen?

Ex_Brit

If you're going through Hell, keep going.
Staff member
No, she would need to provide that password or contact the maker of the machine. We can't help with such things as what you want could be regarded as illegal, although I'm sure it isn't in your case. There are no Neosmart tools that would help.
I would use a Google Search to find software that might do it. If not then it's no good for anything.

My sister gave me her old laptop, an HP 2000 running Windows 8.1. She hasn’t used it in 3+ years, and she does not remember the password she used. free netflix tech news android 9 I am unable to bypass the login page, having tried all the password options she could recall ever using. I tried reboot>F11>Troubleshoot>Reset Your PC, but received a message saying “Unable to reset your PC. A required drive partition is missing.” Is there another workaround for this to factory reset or bypass the password screen?

Any Updates????