Upgrading the processor

Hello, This is my first Thread

I am trying to upgrade the CPU in my Toshiba laptop A105 part number: PSAA2U-05803

I have Intel celeron M 380, but I want to go for Pentium 4 CPU I want some information

I have Pentium 4 CPU with I don't know if it's gonna fit or not

Here is some pictures

this is my motherboard

Resized to 38% (was 1600 x 1200) - Click image to enlarge
$%28KGrHqZHJFcFDS+5-m%21UBQ4c2NtSgw%7E%7E60_57.JPG

The mainboard of my toshiba laptop

982477404.jpg

It looks like that only the Celeron M line is compatible with that mobo so your switch will not work.

As stated, you said Pentium 4, not Pentium 4 M. Yes the M makes a difference. That is how I know it will not work. P4 CPU's are not Socket 479. That is why your CPU will not work. You will have to buy another. That doesnt mean you will get any more performance out of the device by switching the CPU either.

As stated, you said Pentium 4, not Pentium 4 M. Yes the M makes a difference. That is how I know it will not work. P4 CPU's are not Socket 479. That is why your CPU will not work. You will have to buy another. That doesnt mean you will get any more performance out of the device by switching the CPU either.

Please can you recommend me the one that you see it will be good to buy don't give me a list

So, I understand that you mean I will feel the different between celeron and Pentium M correct ? I know it not worth but I am learning and and hopefully won't face any problem now or in the future !

Upgrading your processor will depend on whether or not your motherboard is compatible and if your power supply is sufficient. Look those up first. Now another major factor is your operating system. If it came pre-installed from the manufacturer the chances are that it is an OEM version. If so it will not be recognised by Microsoft after the upgrade. You may need to purchase another license but using the phone support optiob, you may be able to persuade them to accept the change. No guarantees.

Back