Urgent -- Do I have a disk signature collision?

grb

I'm afraid that I have a disk signature collision problem, but I don't know how to diagnose it or how to fix it. I cloned my system partitions (EFI partition and Windows 10 OS partition) to a VHDX, and then used EasyBCD to create a dual-boot into my original Windows 10 installation and into the VHDX clone. I was able to boot into the VHDX OS once, but after restarting the computer, I can only reach the Windows Boot Manager by going through the Startup Repair Tool, and once there, I can only boot into the VHDX, never into the original Windows 10 install.

I noticed (after the fact) that EasyBCD has assigned the same "identifier" to both boot loaders, which made me think a disk signature collision may have occurred. When booted into the VHDX, the virtual drive and the physical drive are both shown as "online" in the Disk Manager. Another oddity is that in UEFI firmware, the boot sequence shows a single entry which appears to be the physical harddrive in my laptop (UEFI: KXG60ZNV1T02 NVMe TOSHIBA 1024GB, Partition1); I've been told this is supposed to say "Windows Boot Manager", but I'm not sure if this is related to my issue or not.

I urgently need to make my computer bootable again (into the original Windows 10 installation), and get rid of the VHDX boot option altogether. Any help diagnosing and fixing this problem is greatly appreciated, as I urgently need this computer for work!

Back