Used EasyBCD to delete dual boot but removed wrong boot, leaving expired beta 7 boot

I had a dual boot system set-up. The one boot was for a beta version of windows 7 which expired. Windows help forum suggested EasyBCD to remove the expired beta 7. I did that and was very careful to make sure I removed the beta windows 7 and left windows XP still there. When I rebooted the computer, the only option in the boot is now windows 7. Since this is an expired beta version, the computer won't boot. I can access the files using another computer, our network, and Norton Utilities boot disk. I installed EasyBCD on this other computer.

Which files did EasyBCD change, and what do I do to change them so that instead of trying to boot using beta 7, it boots using XP? Either that or which files did EasyBCD change and how can I change them back so that I can again dual boot and choose XP?

thanks

mqudsi

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
You'll need to execute fixmbr and fixboot from the recovery console of the XP cd.

Also, EasyBCD never deletes anything other than what you tell it to.

I don't have an XP CD. Can I get one or can I do something else? I have an XP upgrade CD for another computer, and I tried that, but it said that it didn't detect an old version since the XP came on this computer, not an older version Thanks

mqudsi

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
You're most welcome. Glad it worked.