windows 7 easy recovery essentials administrator password reset help

Status
Not open for further replies.

miojio8

I bought your windows 7 recovery disc because I lost my administrator password and I was told that recovery discs could help me erase the administrator password or reset it. I'm not sure how to fix my administrator password with your disc; I don't know what to put in the command line to reset the admin password. Could you help me with that?

Hi miojio8,

EasyRE does not directly provide an option to reset the admin password - it is in the works for a future version, but it's not implemented at this time. Can I ask where you read that it does provide this feature?

If EasyRE's "System Restore" lists an entry that predates your password change, restoring that entry will restore your password; but otherwise that functionality is not yet possible. If you contact support at easyre@neosmart.net and link to this thread, we'll see to it that you get a full refund.

Can you retrieve your password through Microsoft Account? Or you can use Startup Repair to solve this problem like me. If you have another user with the same administrative rights, this is the easiest, you can reset the password on another computer via Control Panel > User Accounts and Home Security > User Accounts > Manage Another Account. These are all suitable for Windows 7 password resets without disk.

Can you retrieve your password through Microsoft Account? Or you can use Startup Repair to solve this problem like me. If you have another user with the same administrative rights, this is the easiest, you can reset the password on another computer via Control Panel > User Accounts and Home Security > User Accounts > Manage Another Account. These are all suitable for Windows 7 password resets without disk.
I hope to help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back