"Windows is too new" error

crushtor

Hello,

I wanted to repair my Windows 7 64-bit Pro install today, but I got a curious "Windows is too new" error. This made little sense to me, as:

- My Windows install is ancient (by computer standards)
- I have SP1, but SP1 is just as ancient
- I am not aware of any superseded version of EasyRE (I actually bought this twice, as I lost a copy.)

The only difference I made to my system was unplugging a 2nd hard drive, as I was having trouble repairing using the Windows install ISO (I want to repair some missing DLLs etc.)

Could I please get some clarification?

I too have had this problem. I've now had to purchase Windows 7 repair twice and now am getting the same error again despite there being no significant update since 2009.
It seems you effectively have to buy a copy each time you need to repair a boot problem and, quite frankly, is wrong as this is not clarified when you buy the software.

I also have the same problem with Windows 10 but, with MS creating a new version every 6 months, I can understand why in this case.

I would be interested to know what elements are "too new" especially as the file size for each of my Win7 purchases is identical in byte size.

I tried to repair my windows 10 Dell computer and got a windows too new error i did'nt know there was a newer version avilable for windows 10
could you e-mail me upgrade?
Thank You
David Swingle

Last edited:
Back