windows recovery essentials w7

joeiwn

ok when i start up windows normaly, it loads of windows power up screen and for a split second there is a blue screen for a very short amount of time.

ok, i'm trying to restore to a date, but it keeps staying at restoring data

is there a fauly device somewhere?

You need to repeatedly hit the F8 key before Windows starts up to see the option to "disable restart on system failure" which will allow you to see the contents of the blue screen.

yup, i'm unable to go to F8, there was one time i did disable restart on system failure and i have no idea what would happened next. i just kept seeing the blue screen when windows is loading.
bluescreen.jpg

not yet, because i haven't been able to get on the F8
is there a bootable cd that can do all this just for this? i'm unable to go to F8 anymore.

"[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif]disable restart on system failure"[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif]i'm not able to see the blue contents, i just see a gateway recovery management. i think it's unresponsive, it shows busy when i hover over it.[/FONT]

Last edited:
The option for F8 is only to get the Advanced Boot Menu for Windows. It will not allow you to boot off of a CD. You need to go into your BIOS and set the CD Drive to boot before the Hard Drive in order for that to happen.

unfortunately i'm not able to fix it yet, is it possible the wires are over heated and caused some little damgaged to the lines? and it reads the hard drive but not able to do anything. if it tries to write to the harddrive, it just shows busy over the window recovery.

Back