Windows start problems

M. S.

Hello,

I had a Windows 7 on a Samsung 840 Evo 250 GB,
a Windows 7 on a Samsung 970 Pro 512 GB M.2,
a Windows 10 on a Samsung 860 Evo 500 GB and
a Windows 7 on a HDD.

In the Windows Start Manager was only the Win 7 of the 840 Evo.

I was able to start all 4 versions of Windows via the UEFI BIOS.

Then I installed EasyBCD, and now all windows versions are in the start manager.
But it starts only the Win 7 on the 840 Evo and that on the HDD.

The Win 7 on the 970 Pro M.2 starts only with the desktop wallpaper, without program icons.

And the Win 10 on the 860 Evo only starts in repair mode.

What can I do ?

Uninstall EasyBCD, or reinstall Windows ?

Then I installed EasyBCD, and now all windows versions are in the start manager.
But it starts only the Win 7 on the 840 Evo and that on the HDD.
Installing EasyBCD doesn't do anything to your PC (except take up a little disk space).
Did you run it and change something in the BCD with it ?
If so give some details.
To start with, if you want to multi-boot these 4 OSs, you must start by booting one of the W10 systems, then add entries to its BCD for the other 3 systems (older versions of Windows cannot boot newer versions, so the newest version (W10) must be used to boot the older (W7)

Hi,
I installed EasyBCD on Win 7 on the 840 Evo, since only this Windows was in the startup manager. (I had to start the other win systems via the UEFI).
Then I added the other 3 systems with EasyBCD to the startup manager.

You don't need to uninstall it necessarily. It's a portable utility, so you can execute it from its W7 location when you're booted into W10 if you wish.
You can also just install a second copy on W10 if you wish (mine sits on a shared third storage disk visible and useable from either system).
No matter where EasyBCD is located, the important thing is that you must be booted into a W10 OS when you use EasyBCD to set up your multi-boot.

I played a EasyBCD backup, and the start manager looked like before the installatiom of EasyBCD.
Then I could start Win 10 on the 860 Evo once.
After that, all four Windows installations only had blue screens.
Then Winows checked all HDDs and SDD#s for about 24 hours.
Now the Win 10 on the 860 Evo runs, which I have to start over the UEFI.
And the Win 7 on HDD via the start manager.

Win 7 on the 840 Evo and Win 7 on the 970 Pro are gone !
How can I get back this data's ???
Because the Win 7 on the 840 Evo was my main system !
2019.10.01 001.png

Boot W10 and post a screenshot of Disk Management and the contents of EasyBCD "view settings"

You will have to go into your BIOS and make sure you have your Win10 HD selected as the main HD to boot from.
Then you should be able to pull up the other drives under MyPC and note which drive letters each of your OSes are on.
Then in EasyBCD you add a new boot OS and select the correct drive for the others that you want to also boot from.
I would do one to make sure it works first and then if it does, add the others.
You can also name each one to your liking so you know which one you are booting from in the boot menu on startup.

Back