Yet another (set of questions for a) Quad Boot System

okonisfree

Ah, a long time ago I posted this on the EasyBCD Support Section. Here I am, at it again.

Here is my plan for a Vista, XP, OS X Leopard, and Ubuntu quad boot system. Please correct me (haha before I do this), if I am doing something wrong.

1. Format 250GB SATA HD.
  2. Make 5 partitions: 150 GB (Primary; Vista; NTFS), 40 GB (Shared NTFS), 20 GB (XP NTFS), 20 GB (OS X ?will partition in os x instller?), 20 GB (will partition in Ubuntu installer with ext3).
  3. Insert Vista disc and install to first partition C:\
  4. Installation Complete. Install EasyBCD.
  5. Reboot into XP disc and then install XP into third partition (which is 20GB).
  6. XP done.
  7. does EasyBCD work on XP? Can I install it from there and restore vista boot loader?
  8. If not, I will install system commander boot disc and then restore general vista loader.
  9. from easybcd vista, I will put in XP into loader.
  10. reboot into os x installer dvd.
  11. format second 20gb partition to what? And what settings do I user in installer?
  12. os x done, reboot into ubuntu.
  13. install with mbr in that partition?
  14. boot into system commander and restore vista bootloader.
  15. from vista, put in mac os x and ubuntu in loader?
Everything bold is my concern. :frowning:

So, comments anyone?

Thanks,
Okonisfree

mqudsi

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Hi OKonisfree, nice to see you again.

7. Absolutely! That was a key issue we kept in mind throughout the development stages.
11a. The default OS X partition type (0xAF aka HPFS)
11b. We don't provide help on the actual installation of OS X, but it's not difficult.

Good luck :smile:

okonisfree

Thanks for the fast reply. I will head on and do it!

As like last time, I will post back my troubles or my success (and write a guide for what I did).
Keep checking, anyone who wants to duplicate this.

Terry60

Knows where his towel is.
Staff member
One proviso Guru didn't mention. You need to have NET 2.0 framework installed on XP before you can run EasyBCD.

mqudsi

Mostly Harmless
Staff member