Multiboot Win 7, Win XP

Hi

I have installed Win7 x64 on the internal HDD of my NB and clones of Win 7 x86 and Win XP x86 on a external ESATA drive each System on a single Pratition.

Internal drive: Win7 x64
external drive: 2x cloned Win7 x86, 2x cloned WinXP x86

My Problem is that only one of my in Win XP boots when I select XP (1) it loads XP (1) but when I select XP(2) it boots XP(1).
I testet that by leaving a txt document on the desktop with the current Win name.

There are a total of 5 entries listed in the bootloader.

Default: Windows 7 x64 intern
Timeout: 30 seconds
EasyBCD Boot Device: C:\

Entry #1
Name: Windows 7 x64 intern
BCD ID: {current}
Drive: C:\
Bootloader Path: \Windows\system32\winload.exe

Entry #2
Name: Microsoft Windows 7 1
BCD ID: {6f26bc38-b985-11df-a3b0-002314c6be0c}
Drive: E:\

Entry #3
Name: Microsoft Windows 7 2
BCD ID: {6f26bc43-b985-11df-a3b0-002314c6be0c}
Drive: G:\

Entry #4
Name: Microsoft Windows XP 2
BCD ID: {6f26bc44-b985-11df-a3b0-002314c6be0c}
Bootloader Path: \NST\easyldr2

Entry #5
Name: Microsoft Windows XP 1
BCD ID: {6f26bc46-b985-11df-a3b0-002314c6be0c}
Bootloader Path: \NST\easyldr1
I hope there is a solution for my little problem ^^

Last edited:
Yes I did read all that ^^, as you can see in my attatched config, I used the there mentioned EasyLDR methode to add the WinXP copies. That should do it if i got that right. But it seems not to work for me.

Any ideas whats worng? Or may the cloned WinXP be the problem here?

Problem Solved

I had to use the autodetect function to get my WinXP entries after checking the boot.ini I found out that autodetect did one big mistake it writes the Partitioninformation from the last "installed" (i just restored a clone) WinXP for all enties.
The bootfile looks like that than:

; This boot.ini was automatically generated by NeoSmart Technologies' BootGrabber.exe
; Use EasyBCD from Download EasyBCD 2.0.2 - NeoSmart Technologies to manage your bootloader

[boot loader]
timeout=15
default=multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(1)partition(5)\WINDOWS
[operating systems]
multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(1)partition(5)\WINDOWS="Windows XP on F:\Windows XP 1" /fastdetect
multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(1)partition(5)\WINDOWS="Windows XP on H:\Windows XP 2" /fastdetect
multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(1)partition(5)\WINDOWS="Windows XP on I:\Windows XP 3" /fastdetect

Than i just needed to correct this in the boot.ini and now all WinXP clones start like a dream.

corrected entries
; This boot.ini was automatically generated by NeoSmart Technologies' BootGrabber.exe
; Use EasyBCD from Download EasyBCD 2.0.2 - NeoSmart Technologies to manage your bootloader

[boot loader]
timeout=15
default=multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(1)partition(5)\WINDOWS
[operating systems]
multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(1)partition(2)\WINDOWS="Windows XP on F:\Windows XP 1" /fastdetect
multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(1)partition(4)\WINDOWS="Windows XP on H:\Windows XP 2" /fastdetect
multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(1)partition(5)\WINDOWS="Windows XP on I:\Windows XP 3" /fastdetect

This may be a bug in easyBCD so check this, please.

Thanks for all your help and for this great bootloader!

Back