Burn files to .iso???

kc7brown7

Hi, I downloaded the torrent for the Vista Recovery Disk. It came in as a zip file. Upon opening it there were two folders: Boot and Sources. Also a file named bootmgr.

Do I copy these three into an image burner (I have Nero and ImgBurn and the program will create the boot disk automatically? Or do I need to do something else.

Sorry I'm having a brain fart today, I've made image file disks before....LOL

It isn't a zip file. It's an .ISO.
You probably have your file associations hijacked by something like WinRAR and your folder options set so that you cannot see the true filetype.
Make sure folder options look like this and burn the entire download with an ISO burner. (We recommend Imgburn because it's free and it works). Don't process or manipulate the download in any way. Just burn the whole thing.

Last edited:
The torrent file should be”

“ Windows 7 64-bit Repair Disc.torrent “

The ISO file should be:

“ Windows 7 64-bit Repair Disc.iso “ = 165 MB or size 173,721, 600, size on disk 173,721,648 bytes.

Active ISO burner is also good for burning ISO disk images down to desk because it only does this one task. The program is exceedingly simple with no options.

Active@ ISO Burner 2.1 (free)
Active@ ISO Burner - Free software downloads and software reviews - CNET Download.com

Back