Thread: [INVALID] BCD No longer works with windows 7

Default [INVALID] BCD No longer works with windows 7

I am an IT student messing around. I have a couple of laptops that I have set dual boot with VISTA and Win7 ith XP in the past, using Eeasy BCD. I just upgraded my main machine to Windows 7 from Vista, because it was infected with a nasty Trojan, which I isolated but could not remove - and I figured VISTA sucks anyways so see ya later. I figured I would toss XP in the mix on the new installation, after I had already installed Win7 of course (woulda been easier if I did xp first).

I have done this twice before with no problems, but this time it is a no go - any changes I make with Easy BCD disappear, I can never boot to xp and whenever I manage to get back to Win7 the record is gone for the added entry of XP. No matter what changes I make the boot option between the two never displays, and again, once I manage to get back to Win7 the changes I made are all gone.

I am looking at this as more of a learning excercise, since I hardly ever boot xp anymore anyways, but these kinds of things irritate the crap out of me, and I want to know why...

Mike the IT student

Are you having to manually select the BCD?
    Mahmoud Al-Qudsi, Director

I'm sorry but I do not accept support requests via IM, email, or personal messages

Follow us on twitter @neosmart or on Facebook!
    Like us on facebook!

Post a screenshot of your Disk Management and copy/paste the contents of EasyBCD "view settings" (detailed).
    The sticky will explain how if needed.
    Terry

Baker of fine scones.

Please keep requests for help in the forums where everyone can see them, not in Private Messages.
    Posting a plea for help or information in the forum, will be seen more quickly by a widely experienced audience.
    A solution in the forum could also be useful to other future visitors, so PLEASE, no private requests. (they won't be answered !)