Abit NF7-s

This is weird, I am putting together a computer for a friend who is cash strapped. I have an old case with a decent enough motherboard (Abit NF7-S)
All was going well until I tried to connect the monitor. No connection, am I going crazy?
The Attached diagram shows that the NF7-M clearly has a VGA port but the NF7-S does not. So where do I plug in the monitor?
Obviously,one would have a graphic card slotted in, but without the drivers for said card installed, would a newly booted PC find the card.
Please someone elucidate before I throw it through the window.
:??:??

Attachments

• Compressed.7z
    222 KB · Views: 3
Depends on the OS and the GPU.
Vista/7/8 are pretty good at recognizing GPU's and using them at high resolution during setup itself.
XP will probably resort to using standard VGA drivers at low res until you load the GPU's proper driver from its own CD-ROM after Windows setup has finished.

Depends on the OS and the GPU.
Vista/7/8 are pretty good at recognizing GPU's and using them at high resolution during setup itself.
XP will probably resort to using standard VGA drivers at low res until you load the GPU's proper driver from its own CD-ROM after Windows setup has finished.
No Terry. I cannot connect a monitor, there is nothing on the hard disk as I have not yet installed anything. Where would I connect a monitor if there was no graphic card anyway.
Surely there must be some way.

Sorry, I thought you were acknowledging that there was no onboard graphics capability with that mobo, and that you were compelled to add a GPU.

Back