How to use EasyRE Technician on a device protected with Bitlocker

Hi
I own the Pro edition of EasyRE Technician and need to use it to repair a Microsoft Surface Pro

At the Bitlocker screen when it first boots up, I can enter the recovery key and then choose to boot from the EasyRE Recovery USB.

Once I click the Automated repair, its unable to proceed as the drive has Bitlocker on it.

I noticed some reference on your website about Bitlocker Agent although I can’t see if it’s a separate download nor how I would add it to the ISO

Kind regards

Hi
I own the Pro edition of EasyRE Technician and need to use it to repair a Microsoft Surface Pro

At the Bitlocker screen when it first boots up, I can enter the recovery key and then choose to boot from the EasyRE Recovery USB.

Once I click the Automated repair, its unable to proceed as the drive has Bitlocker on it.

I noticed some reference on your website about Bitlocker Agent although I can’t see if it’s a separate download nor how I would add it to the ISO

Kind regards
Hello,
I can try to help you with your problem of using EasyRE Technician to repair a Microsoft Surface Pro with Bitlocker. Based on the web search results that I found, here are some possible solutions:
  • One solution is to disable Bitlocker on your Surface Pro before using EasyRE Technician. You can do this by following the steps in this article How to use EasyRE Technician on a device protected with Bitlocker. This will decrypt your drive and allow EasyRE Technician to access it and perform the automated repair.
  • Another solution is to use the Bitlocker Agent feature of EasyRE Technician, which can unlock and repair Bitlocker-encrypted drives. You can enable this feature by following the steps in this article Easy Recovery Essentials for Technicians. This will allow you to enter your Bitlocker recovery key or password and use EasyRE Technician to repair your drive without disabling Bitlocker.
  • A third solution is to use the manual repair option of EasyRE Technician, which can bypass the Bitlocker encryption and access the raw data on your drive. You can do this by following the steps in this article Easy Recovery Essentials for Windows. This will allow you to use the command line and the partition editor tools to repair your drive manually.
I hope this helps you to use EasyRE Technician to repair your Microsoft Surface Pro with Bitlocker. If you have any other questions or requests, please let me know.

Hi, none of that tells me how to do it, the links dont go to any information but just a general page.
Another solution is to use the Bitlocker Agent feature of EasyRE Technician, which can unlock and repair Bitlocker-encrypted drives. This is what i want to know but how does the link you have given me help at all?, it doesnt tell me anything.
I've given up on this company, whilst i appreciate your post, i really do, but i posted this 2 months ago, and after many attempts on trying to contact this company and being completely ignored i no longer use it. Regards

Hi, none of that tells me how to do it, the links dont go to any information but just a general page.
Another solution is to use the Bitlocker Agent feature of EasyRE Technician, which can unlock and repair Bitlocker-encrypted drives. This is what i want to know but how does the Dog Needs Best link you have given me help at all?, it doesnt tell me anything.
I've given up on this company, whilst i appreciate your post, i really do, but i posted this 2 months ago, and after many attempts on trying to contact this company and being completely ignored i no longer use it. Regards
I hope your query is now solved...

Best Regard,
BookerE1

Back