I Have Troubles Dual-Booting Windows 7 and Windows 98

I just want to tell you the GRUB4DOS error you're encountering is likely related to the bootloader. GRUB4DOS is a boot loader that is commonly used for multi-booting systems, but it can sometimes cause issues when trying to dual-boot Windows 7 and Windows 98.

Here's what you can try to resolve the GRUB4DOS error:

1. Boot into Windows 7: Boot into your Windows 7 operating system and access the Disk Management tool. You can do this by right-clicking on "Computer" and selecting "Manage."
  2. Check the boot order: Make sure that the boot order is set correctly, with the hard drive containing Windows 7 set as the first boot device.
  3. Repair the boot loader: You can try repairing the boot loader by using the Windows 7 installation disc and choosing the "Repair Your Computer" option.
  4. Reinstall Windows 98: If the above steps don't resolve the issue, you may need to reinstall Windows 98, making sure to install it on a separate partition from Windows 7.
  5. Use a different boot loader: If the GRUB4DOS error persists, you may want to consider using a different boot loader, such as EasyBCD or GRUB Legacy.
I hope these steps help resolve the GRUB4DOS error you're encountering when dual-booting Windows 7 and Windows 98. If you continue to have issues, consider seeking assistance from a professional or a support forum specialized in multi-booting systems.

Back