Next steps ....

Malazan77

Had a BCD issue after Restoro usage - HD was fine and transferred files from that (and the VAIO hardware check came back all clear), but still wanted a recover rather than restore option so downloaded your tool - after having to reconfigure active partitions / change File system on USB, managed to download ISO and followed the boot change instructions - legacy / secure boot disabled etc. I write it out quick but took me hours as am a Luddite. Ran the Easy RE and came on - asked it to repair my Windows 8 OS drive - and YAY said all was restored and to restart. Did, but did not work. Went back into BIOS and changed settings back to boot from internal HD etc., and now have a message saying OPERATING SYSTEM NOT FOUND.

Is a Sony Vaio SVF (using the Assist button to get into BIOS) using OEM Windows 8.1 - no virus issues.

ANY advice gratefully received - really thought when had got to this stage would be winning but, yeah, feel like have wasted money on tool and should have just accepted loss of apps and done total reinstall - still an option but hoping for some advice.

Thanks.

Back