Planning for a new Desktop PC

Thanks... here's some hint of what I was planning.
ncixwishlist.jpg

Gasps !
I just saw the top right hand corner Peter.
You've made my point about gen(0) v gen (-1) technology
I built my system for less than a third of that last October. The only real point of contact is that I have an identical monitor to yours (except it's LG not Samsung). Take that out of the mix and I think I could build 4 of mine for the price of yours.
Still I'm not a gamer, so though I've got an SLI mobo, I've just got the one graphics card with a built in TV tuner (ATi AIW GT800 PCI-E) which is not built for gaming speed and has my lowest Vista score (4.5). It did manage a respectable 40fps peak at full resolution on the 3D test though (80 at default) and looked quite impressive
I too am heartened to see that there are still programmers out there who can squeeze a quart into a pint pot the way we used to do out of sheer necesssity !

4700!!!1!!

wow, i have so far spent, maybe 600 dollars on my current machine, and i love it, sure there no dual core, and sure the Ram is only ddr, but it still plays games...

i think all of what you have on there peter would not only be putting too much money in at once, but also too much money in one buy, but im a poor college student, so i have to worry about money.. i dont know your fanancial status, but 5 Grand is still a shit load of money :frowning:

It's only a wish list and don't forget the processor and mobo are among the most expensive ones out there.
I would probably not go for two video cards anyway.
In any case I don't have that kind of money available right now, but I can dream....LOL.
I am retired and have noone else to spend money on.

Well the CPU is one of the best of the best right now. The 9850's are the most expensive CPU's out there at about $1,000 each. So i can see how you got up to 4700 easily. I would seriously recommend bringing it down a notch. Evena 6600 or 6700 is more than sufficent. Just OC it a bit and you have a screaming Quad CPU.

Back