recover user names in windows 7

hello, its been quite some time since ive used my windows 7 proffesional dell, and when i recently attempted to log into this device, i came to find out that i do not remember my user name, and where the user name is usually at on the login screen, is blank pending the input of my user name. i remember my password, however, this is preventing me from acessing this device. i attemted to access the command prompt through safe mode, but cant seem to find the correct command. can anyone direct me on how to recover my username??

If you are unable to remember your Windows 7 username, there are a few methods you can try to recover or reset it. Here are two common approaches:

Try the "net user" command:

Boot your Windows 7 computer and press F8 repeatedly to access the Advanced Boot Options menu.
Select "Safe Mode with Command Prompt" and press Enter.
In the Command Prompt window, type the following command:
Code:
net user
Press Enter to see a list of user accounts on the computer. Look for your username in the list.
Use a password recovery tool:

If the above method doesn't work or if you need to reset your password as well, you can use a password recovery tool such as "Offline NT Password & Registry Editor" or "Kon-Boot". These tools can help you reset the password for your user account, allowing you to log in and access your computer.
Please note that using password recovery tools involves some technical knowledge and carries a risk of data loss if not used correctly. Make sure to carefully follow the instructions provided by the respective tool's documentation or guides.
If you are still unable to recover your username using these methods, it's recommended to contact Microsoft Support or seek assistance from a professional computer technician who can help you with further troubleshooting and recovery options. My MileStone Card

Back