Startmanager for Easybcd

rolle880

How could I change the screen mode back again to the blue screen. This is what it looks like. Or what it should look like with the picture file I attached. Maybe the OS's BCD is used by one of the operating systems below. Or am I wrong. So the one that is controlling the boot is the standard set operating system.
That I would change the boot setting into starting from the controlling boot as that would be the one that could restore to this type of blue screen menu.

So the screen is supposed to be in the blue screen mode instead of the black screen mode. The black screen mode is a kind of windows 7 basic 100% mgrscreen but it has these two modes. But it didnt appear by a a ticked metrobox. So I think something broke the program while I was restoring bios settings and effected the hard drive because I was in control of the boot while I restored. So this program might have gotten an unplugging in the program.

And the third program in the line below is what my eascy bcd editor looks like.

Attachments

• be1048a8-2836-40d2-ab6d-3532e2f89412.jpg
    be1048a8-2836-40d2-ab6d-3532e2f89412.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 3
  • 846b8b40-4a56-49d8-8fb3-c1f4f47092ea.jpg
    846b8b40-4a56-49d8-8fb3-c1f4f47092ea.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 3
  • dich-vu-chinh-sua-nhanh00+.jpg
    dich-vu-chinh-sua-nhanh00+.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:
I have an answer for this I experienced it myself. It worked for me. I had the new blue menu working for the longest time in a dual boot system and then did some tinkering with my drives and the secondary drive was not visible. I got the black and white menu to show up and the menu entries working but could not get the 'Metro' blue screen menu to show up then I recalled the setting on this page of EasyBCD 2.4.

How to get the blue 'Metro' screen back:
1.) You must have the black and white menu visible at least upon reboots.
2.) Boot into any partition and get to the Windows desktop (I am on Windows 11 but the version should not matter).
3.) Start EasyBCD 2.4
4.) Go to the tab that says 'Edit Boot Menu'
5.) Make sure the option is checked, "Use Metro bootloader" (It wasn't when my menu was only black and white).
6.) Make sure the option says at least "Count down from X" (it wasn't, it was set for 'Skip the boot menu'.)
7.) Click 'Save Settings' (MAKE SURE YOU CLICK THIS BUTTON FIRMLY! I did this twice.)
8.) Exit out of the OS and shut down the computer completely. The bootloader works differently and needs to trigger from a cold boot.
9.) Do a cold reboot TWICE to make sure the setting took. Get to a desktop and reboot again. The 2nd time it should show the blue 'Metro' boot menu.
10.) Here is how my screen looks like with menu redaction.

2022-12-16 04_27_55-EasyBCD 2.4 - Community Edition - NeoSmart Technologies.png

I hope this helps you get your Metro bootloader back. =)

Back