EasyRE CD won't go as far as Easy Recovery Essentials windows for Options

Hello everyone,

I possess a ISO format of EasyRE which I have burnt into a CD. My system is Windows 7 ultimate 32 bit. I run the CD at start but, it failed (each time) to reach the windows for the options selection for recovery. Of course, I wished to have it do the Automated Repair, but it doesn't go that far. It stops at the beginning soon after the fast moving long list where it says, STOPPED AT CPU_MP_START+0X428: inb $0x71.%a1

After that, no more response. Can anyone help please, to recover my looping booting?

I shall include the picture of the place where it stops.

Many thanks to you all.

John

Attachments

• EasyRE error message Win7_1.jpg
    EasyRE error message Win7_1.jpg
    155.4 KB · Views: 20
@John Emile I'm afraid that one or more of your RAM modules have failed. Aside from preventing you from booting into EasyRE (which runs a basic RAM check when possible during boot), this is likely also the cause of your other problems with Windows.

You're lucky to have an "ECC" RAM chip, which lets the PC actually detect the presence of such errors instead of ignoring them and muddling on. RAM is cheap these days, I don't know how much RAM you have in there now or how new the PC is to guarantee that this would fit, but something like this gets you 4GB with the ECC for only $30 dollars:
http://amzn.to/1P4Afpa

@John Emile I'm afraid that one or more of your RAM modules have failed. Aside from preventing you from booting into EasyRE (which runs a basic RAM check when possible during boot), this is likely also the cause of your other problems with Windows.

You're lucky to have an "ECC" RAM chip, which lets the PC actually detect the presence of such errors instead of ignoring them and muddling on. RAM is cheap these days, I don't know how much RAM you have in there now or how new the PC is to guarantee that this would fit, but something like this gets you 4GB with the ECC for only $30 dollars:
http://amzn.to/1P4Afpa

Thank you for the reply. Your answer makes sense to me, because the memories I am using on the board have given me a lot of troubles. Now I understand the cause of it.

Just a question: Can I use ECC RAM on my motherboard? Socket T LGA775 Motherboard SPS 365865-001 for HP dc 7100 CMT. I have never used ECC RAM before, but non-ECC only. I wonder if they can be inter-exchanged at will without changing anything such as things like pins on the board or else.

John

I am having a similar issue. When the ISO runs in normal mode, it goes through the startup procedure & then reboots the PC & keeps looping that. When I run the ISO & select the Safe Mode option, the ISO startup script stops here as you can see in the screenshot attached. Any thoughts on this?20160303_112132.jpg

Back