Desktop Screenshot thread

LONG TIME!!

here is my current working desktop (after a very helpful complete re-image of my HD, back to the way i got my laptop)

so its rather bare ATM, but im slowly on my way back to filling it up lol

(now i need to reinstall linux lmao)

Attachments

• desktop.02.26.09.JPG
    desktop.02.26.09.JPG
    146 KB · Views: 5
yeah i know right lol ^__^

it has been too long lol

ive been without net at home (stupid satellite limits...) for a while now

and i like the aura's ^__^

i got 7 at home ^__^ it runs well on my machine, im glad, and thankfully its 64-bit ^__^

:lol:

That's how I feel without internet, actually..... except there are no pink flowers; it's all dark & gloomy all around.

Well, I was almost glad to be without it when I was in the UK recently. I didn't like the mountain of email I had when I got back though.

That one was desolate alright! It gives you that feel of total isolation. But I'm sure you would prefer seeing a "balance" of some type. :grinning:

i know what you mean... we have internet... well you could call it internet, it is satellite and it 1.2Mb, but there is a 300MB limit daily download usage... so i dont even use it at home... :frowning:

Attachments

• desktop02.27.09.JPG
    desktop02.27.09.JPG
    67 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:
That sounds like something out of ...:scared::scared::scared: land.

A friend bought a laptop for the better half seeing satelite with a 500hr. monthly limit and charged for each web page or whatever. No thanks I'll stick with hard wired connections.

That's sad for you there. The dsl provider here claims 3mb while seeing about 2.8mbps when tested and sees no small limits on how much is downloaded except for how busy their servers and any site would be. Plus you also weigh in the download rates for different sites as well.

The beta releases both 32bit and 64bit took about 6gb right there plus downloads of updates and other things lately climbing over that limit. With satellite however one little blackout from a solar flare or positioning of a satelite until the next can knock you for some time while hard wired connections remain uneffected.

Of course you can't take hard wiring along with you when traveling either. All you can do is try to find the best of both there.

well... i have no choice in the matter, it is either satillete, or wide area wireless

both come with very high equipment charges :frowning:

where i am living now, does not have DSL, and does not have Cable... although we are paying the satillete at 1.2Mb/s for around the same 25Mb would be with cable... :frowning:

and i know for a fact, that the town i live closer to (which is not the town my zip code is from) has digital cable and dsl...

oh and here is my Mandriva desktop:

Post Script: i made that image ^__^ (in GIMP)

Attachments

• linux.desktop1.jpg
    linux.desktop1.jpg
    194.7 KB · Views: 9
Desktop Sneak Peak

hey folks, this is an old and simple topic ( it is almost everywhere in forums )

every one will post his/her desktop snapshot to share it with other:lol:

the whole point of this is to see others taste:brows: and if any one like any thing we can share it here ( wallpaper, theme, gadget, .....etc )

i run vista, leopard, and ubuntu

most of time, i am in leopard so i am gonna post leopard snapshot :brows:

picture1otg.jpg

What's the red arrow? Here's mine...

attachment.php

I'm using the Path Finder OS X replacement.

Attachments

• Picture 1.png
    Picture 1.png
    2 MB · Views: 29
Back