How-to: triboot with BootIT NG (BING)

Did this how-to work?

• Yes, it worked

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • It left my system completely unbootable, resulted in data loss, etc.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Sorry. Fixed again. When editing a post you only get a edit box the size of the quick reply box. So it gets tough to find the spot you need. :wink:

Well Guru fixed the problem with all future threads from what I can see because I just tried code tags and it worked properly by giving you a horizontal bar if you want to scroll left-right to see an entrie line of content. Thanks :smile:

Example:
Testing Testing Testing Testing Testing Testing Testing Testing Testing Testing Testing Testing Testing Testing Testing Testing Testing Testing Testing Testing Testing Testing Testing Testing Testing Testing Testing Testing Testing Testing Testing Testing Testing Testing Testing

Addendum:

Never mind... still acting up :frowning:

AutoWordWrapCodeTagError.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Well Guru fixed the problem with all future threads from what I can see because I just tried code tags and it worked properly by giving you a horizontal bar if you want to scroll left-right to see an entrie line of content. Thanks :smile:

Example:
Testing Testing Testing Testing Testing Testing Testing Testing Testing Testing Testing Testing Testing Testing Testing Testing Testing Testing Testing Testing Testing Testing Testing Testing Testing Testing Testing Testing Testing Testing Testing Testing Testing Testing Testing

Looks the same to me! :wink:
Never mind... still acting up :frowning:

Yeah...still acting up over here as well! :scared:

Cheers! :brows:

-Coolname007

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah notice how you can't even edit that post now... its not only affecting width of the page, but it also can cut off regular text in a post or prevent access to the "Edit" or "Quote" buttons...

It's a feature of threads started by Coolname. It doesn't happen if he posts in someone else's thread !

Just a question. What type of interface are you using in the UserCP? Are you using Standard Text Editing or the full WYSEG?

Also did you type this up in Word first then paste it here or type it all up here?

Just a question. What type of interface are you using in the UserCP? Are you using Standard Text Editing or the full WYSEG?

Also did you type this up in Word first then paste it here or type it all up here?

I typed it up in Openoffice.org originally (in Ubuntu, of course), and pasted it in a new thread at the Ubuntu forums. But there I had to make all the effects, e.g. different colors of certain parts of the text, and baking the titles of steps bolder, and larger, over again because it seems (at least at the Ubuntu forums) you have to wrap size, bold, or color tags around the text....you can't simply paste it from a openoffice document into the thread, and retain all the word effects. Naturally, that took a lot of work, originally, and so i figured it would be simply easier to copy/paste the text from the Ubuntu forums thread into the thread here, instead of going through all the hassle of doing it over again here. So that is what i did, after first copying the text from the Ubuntu thread into a Microsoft Word document while in XP (of course, while in editing mode, so i was able to copy all the tags). And then when i wanted to make the last changes, i simply made the changes in the Word document itself, and copied/pasted it here.

I hope this answers your question! :wink:

-Coolname007

EDIT: as for what interface i'm using in the UserCP to edit...i believe it is the default, which is probably "Standard Text Editing".

EDIT #2: never mind...scratch that out. I just looked, and it seems i'm using the other one instead! i'm using the full WYSEG.

Last edited:
This may partly be the reason, but the screenshot I have above proves its happening in other threads too. I thought it had been fixed, but I revisted the thread there and it was still messed up and this was yesterday. I had to go back in and add some returns so it would display properly.

Its the Code Tags. They are what is doing this. I will edit the posts with Code Tags to remove them. Since that is what is causing the forum to break.

Last edited:
Its the Code Tags. They are what is doing this. I will edit the posts with Code Tags to remove them. Since that is what is causing the forum to break.

hmm...so how did you get it to display code then, without the code tags? :wtf: I'm a little confused...:wink: Its looking GREAT, btw! :grinning:

Cheers! :smile:

-Coolname007

EDIT: never mind...i figured it out! You used the quote tags instead...hmm.

Addendum:

What about the quote (or code) for boot.ini in my tutorial, Mak? it seems as if you missed that...:wink:

-Coolname007

Addendum:

I found another typo, Mak! :smile: Could you please change where it says:

C:\bootpart.exe
C:\bootpart c:\ubuntu.lnx Ubuntu Linux
in Sub-step #5, to say:

C:\bootpart.exe
C:\bootpart 4 c:\ubuntu.lnx Ubuntu Linux

in its place? I left out the 4. :wink:

Thanks! :smile:

-Coolname007

Last edited:
Actually, there is just one more thing i would like to add to my tutorial, Mak! :grinning: I left out the defraging process before resizing the main partition, the last time. But to make it easier on you, I will simply copy and paste my updated tutorial into my next post, and you can simply replace whats in the first post with my updated tutorial which will be in my next post.

I hope this is not too much to ask! :wink:

-Coolname007

EDIT: And on another note...is there anyway to keep posts from automatically merging, if one post has been posted pretty soon after the last one? I would prefer if my next post doesn't get attached to this one...

Last edited:
Nope. Setup that way so the mods don't haft to merge posts when users are too lazy to edit. If you wait til the next day and post again it won't merge.

Or you could do that... just wait for someone else to post :smile:

Yeah...hahaha! :lol: I was going to respond to your previous post, saying that I could post it now...until I realized the same thing would happen if I posted with the comment! :tongueout: So I just went ahead, and posted my updated tutorial, and waited to hear your response! :brows:

Thanks, Justin, for posting! :grinning:

-Coolname007

Back