Is There a Way to Convert Safely Back MBR to GPT After EasyRE Converted it to MBR?

Alvin777

Hello NeoSmart, EasyBCD & EasyRE friends.

EasyRE is the most powerful program I've used (have used all the usual, from EasyBCD itself Bootice, partition apps that seem to have partition scheme repair tools like Aomei, CMD line, Bootrec, Bootsect, manual stuff using CMD, Diskaprt, Powershell, etc.) to make a Windows 11 (Windows 10 too for sure) install/a disk with Windows 11 (w/ system installed, not just data) boot again after messing up the bootloader and boot manager after grueling days of experimenting which app is the one.

The only problem, as amazing as EasyRE is, is it converted the GPT partition scheme to MBR. I need to convert it back to GPT again safely (usually a conversion, especially if it's a system install, not just data where it needs to boot will render it unbootable or/and make the data as well unreadable, even if seems to convert it to GPT or vice-versa successfully)? Although it's all working under MBR, I need GPT for more than 4 partitions for experimentations and for the SSD to take advantage of GPT.

Is there a way, app/GUI or CLI to convert it back again safely to GPT (any method would be great, even if it's for very advanced/expert users)?

God bless, Rev. 21:4 Stay safe, it's great to be alive (especially in these dark times).

The following is the method I used and it's easy. All you need is a Partition Manager such as EaseUS. I quote the result of a Google search (it will perform the action in the Free Trial version)

How to Change MBR to GPT Without Losing Any Data
  1. Download and launch EaseUS Partition Master on your computer.
  2. Go to Disk Converter, select "Convert MBR to GPT" and click "Next" to continue.
  3. Select the target MBR disk that you tend to convert to GPT, and click "Convert" to start the conversion.

The following is the method I used and it's easy. All you need is a Partition Manager such as EaseUS. I quote the result of a Google search (it will perform the action in the Free Trial version)

How to Change MBR to GPT Without Losing Any Data
  1. Download and launch EaseUS Partition Master on your computer.
  2. Go to Disk Converter, select "Convert MBR to GPT" and click "Next" to continue.
  3. Select the target MBR disk that you tend to convert to GPT, and click "Convert" to start the conversion.
Hi, thanks EaseUS wasn't able to convert it (it said something about partitions).

Any other methods?

Hey Alvin,

EasyRE is the most powerful program I've used

Thanks! It's the most advanced repair program I know of, though most people do not grasp just how much magic takes place beneath its hood. I appreciate that you are getting a feel for that!

EasyRE doesn't convert EFI/GPT drives to MBR. It does attempt to make an EFI-only or MBR-only system/configuration bootable in both EFI/GPT and MBR modes (if and where it can).

Back