Metro Boot Loader not Working

JamesW

I am dual booting Win 10 and Win 11 beta that are installed on two different SSD's. It works fine if I go to UEFI bios and choose to override the default Win 10 with Win 11, and it works fine with EasyBCD with both listed in the View Settings as long as I don't check the "use Metro bootloader". If I don't check that box, I get the standard text boot menu and it works, but when I click the Metro loader box all I get is a blank screen and sometimes if I hit "enter" it will boot into Win 10 but sometimes it just locks up. It appears it is there but not showing on my monitor. It works this way whether I setup the dual boot with EasyBCD in Win 10 or Win 11.

I think that using the text version is better, but I want to see if this will work. If I recall from past dual boots I have had with the Metro bootloader after making a selection it reboots, but with the text version it does not. I am remember correctly?

Ay ideas why I can't get the Metro bootloader to work?

I don't remember from past use if it does or not reboot, but if I remember correctly from past use several years ago if you select something other than the default boot, it does reboot, but maybe I am wrong and it doesn't. Makes no difference though since my problem is that I cannot get the Metro loader to work at all as I don't even see it. When I get the blank screen, I hit enter and it will boot to the default Win 10. The old text boot menu works fine, but I would like to get the Metro to work and then decide which I want to use. It is like the Metro is there but I am not seeing it which seems very strange to me.

The only time I use it is when I first boot in the morning. After that I just use the iReboot and it works just fine and does not even show a selection menu but boots directly into the selection I chose and that includes Win 10, Win 11, Win 10 Safe Boot w/Networking, and Win 11 Safe Boot w/Networking.

Back