Screen Resolution

Hikermann

Distinguished Member
WP12.0.0.602 / Windows 7:

Life was moving along nicely, but since I recently did my occasional "Calibrate display color" routine to brighten up my PC world, apparently I did something wrong. Since then, document text is fine, but text contained in dialog boxes is so dim I can barely read it -- fortunately, the keystroke memory in my fingers serves me sufficiently to continue working.

Somehow, as part of this, my screen resolution got changed -- making everything slightly smaller than it was previously. This is true for WP12, as well as other programs: Sample here of Adobe Photoshop Elements with the Tool bar, which is approximately 2/3 the size of regular. Dialog boxes in Photoshop likewise have barely readable text. [Attachment 1WP . 2 . Photoshop.JPG]

Any suggestions/information what has transpired here? Solution(s) to get me back to "the way things were back then" . . . ?

Appreciated. Many thanks.

You can wind back to the restore point prior to the change(s) you made and everything should resolve.
You can then have a second (more careful) go if you wish.
Or simply right click in any empty screen space, select "Screen resolution" and try each until you return to the previous size.

Got the same info from someone else, so have learned that the solution was to create a System Restore point; all is good now. Problem solved --thank y'all.

Back