The Introduction Thread

RedneckTech here

Hey all, just an old Redneck Tech here.. *grin* To tell the truth I am sure I had an issue when I signed up on the forum, but I no longer remember what it was, now several days later, but any way of learning new information or techniques is always good by me, right? Maybe I will remember it and put in a post.. heh. *Scrambles through his piles and piles of things to do*

Greetings

Well,

What to say about me? Am A musician, and, have been on a rampage to try and install OSX on my PC so I can try out logic, not helped by having the mot incompatible audio hardware it seems :tongueout: But, getting round that kinda haha.

I now have a fully functioning OSX and Win 7 setup, but, no dual boot haha, so, i found this place via finding about new versions of EasyBCD. Hope to speak to some of you soon

J

Thanks for the welcome GURU, I do have a question [ a stupid one] although it's said there is no such question. How do I create a user name and password to log in on the home page of Nerosmart Technologies??, I would like to be able to put some info in the favorite option but, I cannot seem to find out how to create an accout.

Hi!

Hi all. New to the site. Thought it was about time that i got back onto some forums as seem to be fixing a lot of mates computeres (and my own) now and need some outside help, and given the posts i have seen so far - you guys & gals seem to knw your stuff to say the least!

Whilst i have been playing around with PCs for the last 25 years my impatience always gets the better of me just when i needed to slow down and take a step back - lol - hence joining this site.

We're glad to have you onboard.

Hope we can help you fix your problems out,, and then you'll be able to join us in lending a helping hand for others :smile:

Hello everybody! I have registered some time ago in order to download Easy BCD 2 beta. I find EasyBCD a good piece of software, but what is really wonderful is iReboot! Yes, finally! And how difficult was to find something like this with Google! Had to type "reboot directly into", any other query would return other stuff.
Congratulations! :grinning:

Yeah, this is one of the best tech forums on the net. We answer many questions not even some other tech forums would be able to answer. Came here myself after getting to see the advantages first hand of running multiple operating systems on a computer. We don't always get the user up and running, but for a forum with 3-4 people helping out regulary I'd like to think we do an excellent job.

Please allow me to introduce myself...

Mahmoud was kind enough to send me an email asking me to introduce myself, so here I am. I downloaded EasyBCD 2.0, not quite out of desperation, but with a system that had enough problems to be a challenge. I figured I could come here and ask a few questions, but I thought it might be a good idea to bang my head against the wall (figuratively speaking) for 10 hours or more while repeatedly destroying any semblance of the boot loader and boot manager so badly that it would take a DNA sample to identify the remains. After managing to create enough individual errors that I could exhaustively read any FAQ, enumerate the problems and solutions and never see an unfamiliar face, I figured it would be a good time to come here with any questions.

So here I am. Fortunately, everything is now working the way I want it to, so there's not all that much that I need to ask. I could tell you a tale that is so full of of drama, grief, and trials and tribulations related to the boot manager that I could empty a conference room full of people. All who would be left probably read this forum regularly.

Instead, I would like to offer my gratitude to those who answered [my] questions when posted by those who came before me. I would also like to thank everybody involved in the development of EasyBCD 2.0 and thank most of the people involved with the development of versions 1.x. But in all fairness, I can't take a free tool and blame anybody for the frustrating parts, so thanks to all.

I won't thank whoever it is over at Microsoft who decided to implement their convoluted scheme without providing the necessary tools, or even considering that assumptions are not good enough for a production product. But I'm glad that there are people out there who are willing to take them to task.

Since I've made it this far without asking a question or even mentioning the nature of my problems, I would like to pose one question. Why not make 2.0 more readily available, considering that the 1.x version has known issues?

EasyBCD 2 is still going through beta testing. You can really think of it as a release canidate (RC) rather than a beta though. With any RC or beta version typically you haft to sign up on the community. This allows us to support you and for us to get feedback on what to improve or fix. Its been a long process, but EasyBCD 2 well become available to everyone when it is ready.

This is my first post, and I think it'll be perfect to be posted here..

I want to say thanks to you guys.. all of you, just 5 minutes ago I can't boot to my XP because I STUPIDLY format my C:/ drive...lol..

and then I install a new win, but I'm stuck on how to boot on my XP...cz all my programs were there...

As a matter of fact, I meet many problems, such NTLDR missing, NTDETECT not found, BOOT.INI failed...etc

and then I read at 1 of your page (Mahmoud or the Computer Guru's page) that gives us access to download EasyBCD2.0 and then, my problem was over in no time...

And now, I write this post in my XP...

Thank you one more time...

Back