Triple Boot, Win7 (32bit), XP, and Ubunto 10.10

Hi Guru and Terry, I think I may have asked this before, but can you give me some simple instructions for the following:
I currently have Win7 on one disk (my master disk - mbr etc), and Windows Xp on a second disk. I have EasyBCD2.2 which now just has the Win 7 entry on it because I control the dual boot using Vista HidenSeek (to preserve system restore files).

I want to install Ubunto on the second disk whilst preserving the XP system on that disk. So I guess I need an easybcd choice boot after I negotiate the Vista HidenSeek. What is the easiest way of putting the Ubunto on without stoping my existing booting.
Regards

Mike

Terry60

Knows where his towel is.
Staff member
Just make sure you don't let Ubuntu install using its defaults ( grub takes over the MBR).
Tell it to put grub in the Ubuntu partition.
I use Ubu 10.10, upgraded progressively from 8.x, so it's still using legacy grub, so this technique works
http://neosmart.net/forums/showthread.php?t=3596
if you want to keep a single boot menu.
I'm no expert on grub2, but I think it should still work for grub2. (afaik, EasyBCD does much the same, using Neogrub (a custom grub4dos) to link to grub2. HnS also boots using a custom grub4dos.

Doesn't most VMware keep you relatively protected when you are trying to triple boot? I have not heard of Ubuntu trying to snipe on top of something else before...