Vista Issue

spanky99l

I downloaded the file that support had to send (standard downloaded file was incompatable with the graphics card and would turn off monitor) and was able to follow the directions sent:

Recovering the Windows Bootloader from the DVD - EasyBCD - NeoSmart Technologies Wiki

I tried all 3 options and now all i get is a black screen saying:

Windows Boot Manager

Windows failed to start. a recent hardware or software change might be the cause. to fix the problem:
1. insert your windows installation disc and restart your computer.
2. choose your language settings and then click next.
3. click repair your computer
If you do not have this disk contact your system administrator or computer manufacturer for assistance.

File: \boot\BCD
info: The windows boot configuration data file is missing required information.

It does this ALL THE TIME! i cannot even get to Easy RE anymore. I tell it to load off the USB and it reverts back to this screen.

Now when i ran easyre (off a USB drive) with the automated repair i never got a "completed" screen just a windows cannot repair and would i like to send a report to microsoft. Also when i ran the test through easyRE i would get Total identified windows installations: 0 amd below it would say: Patch is preventing the system from starting

Finally while running easy re and doing the command prompt method, there were cases where certain portions would come back "not found"

Thanks

Back