Windows Vista Server 2008 and Debian Dual Boot

Soo, I have somewhat of a problem here. If anyone could help, I installed Debian to my second hardrive... which took around 6 hours.. and then I restarted and there was no Linux boot option.. So I figured that GRUb was not installed or somthing like that.. I installed Easy BCD 1.7.2 and click NeoGrub bootloader... After that installed I went into the Config file and.. a little confused I put this in.
"
# NeoSmart NeoGrub Bootloader Configuration File
#
# This is the NeoGrub configuration file, and should be located at C:\NST\menu.lst
# Please see the EasyBCD Documentation for information on how to create/modify entries:
# EasyBCD Documentation Home - NeoSmart Technologies Wiki

root (hd1,0)
kernel /boot/vmlinuz-2.6.22-14-generic root=/dev/sdbc
initrd /boot/initrd.img-2.6.22-14-generic
boot
"

I'm not even too sure what that means, but when I installed Debian it made 2 partions on my second harddrive... one called Partion 0 Linux Native 72gb and partion 1 Linux Swap 3gb

What one do I want?

When I boot up and select Neogrub it just brings me to a black screen saying
"
GRUB>
"

Please help
-Kenny

Hi Kenny, welcome to NST
Just get the latest beta build of EasyBCD, and add a simple Linux entry underneath the Linux tab in the Add/Remove Entries section, with the "Grub is not installed..." option selected. Since you have already installed NeoGrub, you will need to uninstall it first under the NeoGrub tab before you can use that option.

Then Debian should boot.

Hi Kenny, welcome to NST
Just get the latest beta build of EasyBCD, and add a simple Linux entry underneath the Linux tab in the Add/Remove Entries section, with the "Grub is not installed..." option selected. Since you have already installed NeoGrub, you will need to uninstall it first under the NeoGrub tab before you can use that option.

Then Debian should boot.
Thanks, that worked.

Now if I can only get my drivers installed.....

X server just refuses to shut down and for some reason I can't edit its file..

Back