Thread: Installing and running EasyBCD

Default Installing and running EasyBCD

Hi, I have downloaded and installed Ubuntu to my portable hard drive (I have 2 portable hard drives); I currently have dual-boot running with Windows 7 (64). When I use Ubuntu, I cannot access/recognise the internet or my second portable hard drive, so I have downloaded Easybcd in the hope that this solves my hard drive recognition/access problems. Where do I install Easybcd? Do I have to install it to my main hard drive, where Windows 7 (64) is installed or on the portable hard drive where I downloaded and installed Ubuntu?

I hope that I have explained my problem clearly here; I am a total beginner with this and I would appreciate any (clearly explained) help.

Thanks,

Leigh

EasyBCD will help you get a dual-boot working from the W7 boot manager's side.
    You already have a working dual-boot (presumably from grub as the controlling boot manager), so using EasyBCD won't achieve anything you can't already do.
    It has no effect on anything inside Linux. It's a Window .NET app that will modify the Vista/7/8 BCD according to your instructions. Once you're inside any of the OSs in your multi-boot, it is completely inactive and won't change the way any of them run.
    If you are having problems with Ubuntu, you need to seek help in one of their forums.
    Terry

Baker of fine scones.

Please keep requests for help in the forums where everyone can see them, not in Private Messages.
    Posting a plea for help or information in the forum, will be seen more quickly by a widely experienced audience.
    A solution in the forum could also be useful to other future visitors, so PLEASE, no private requests. (they won't be answered !)