About boot

Techbuzz

Hi iam mohit verma
I have a lenovo g580 6 month back i install Ubuntu 20 and 2 weeks before i want to install windows but wont able to access bios and boot menu. Then read about grub loader then tried several attempts use all the tactics to boot from pendrive but it boot all linux distro but can't windows. The problem is 1 week before i was using elementary os and its been good . But few days i restart my laptop and it stuck on bios page and Lenovo logo is appearing after that it shows black screen and nothing happen .
I noticed the fans slowly slowly increase speed.

I just want to tell you It sounds like you're having issues with booting Windows on your Lenovo G580 after installing Ubuntu 20 and attempting to dual boot the two operating systems. Here are a few steps you can try to resolve the issue:

1. Boot from a Windows installation media (USB or DVD) and try to repair the boot loader from the Windows setup. This can be done by selecting the "Repair your computer" option in the Windows setup and then choosing "Startup Repair."
  2. If step 1 does not work, you can try to use the boot repair tool from a Ubuntu live USB. The boot repair tool can be used to repair the boot loader and reinstall GRUB, which is the default boot loader for Ubuntu.
  3. If steps 1 and 2 do not work, you may need to perform a clean install of Windows, which will overwrite the boot loader and erase all data on the hard drive.
It's also possible that the issue with the fans could be related to hardware issues. If the steps above do not resolve the issue, it may be best to take the laptop to a professional for further diagnosis and repair. MI Bridges

Back