After EasyRE fix my Win10 x64 is no longer secure nor protected, Defender and all security features are gone/blocked!

While I am thankful that EasyRE did recover my Win10 after a corrupted boot issue (Microcode revision mismatch) the system has huge issues around the security settings after its revival.
In fact it appears like a virus or remote controlled setup: Defender is switched off and all security services disabled. Right mouse clicks in MSCONFIG do not work, rollback to a restore point is deactivated and can not be done either. Basically Win10 runs completely out of control (or by someone else?)
Before the crash all, was fine, Defender was on and working. A call of DISM and ScanNow did not really find issues, did not change anything either. I am basically locked out of my own Windows maintenance and control.
How can I revive this messed up Windows system? A complete reinstall is out of question (otherwise EasyRE would have been a waste anyway) due to the many installations and tweaks.
What has EasyRE done to UAC and the boot kernel of Windows; is it even a malicious trojan horse that purposely locks all security of Windows for whatever reason? Did others see similar effects?
So far the lack of response by the 'agents' from NeoSmart is not a good sign either. I will try to reach their 'support'one more time now.

Who knows what is really going on and how to fix this mess?
Thank you!

It sounds like your original problem might well have been down to a malware attack and EasyRE has just fixed the boot problem leaving that in place.
I'm not an EasyRE user (I have installation media for just about every version of Windows) so I'm not speaking from experience, but from what I understand EasyRE doesn't just auto-fix broken boots, It also has virus scanning software available on the disc/flashdrive.
Have you made use of that ?
I think you can rest assured that EasyRE didn't instigate the lockout. This forum has been around a very long time and I think we'd have twigged by now if Neosmart were peddling malware rather than helping remove it.

I do agree that the symptoms point into the direction that 'something' malicous corrupted the boot partition and caused the 'Macrocode' BSOD.
And that EasyRE repaired this corruption somehow later , letting me see my Win installation.
Yet none of my actual scans (inside and outside of the O/S), even the latest root kit checks see any malware. I am currently trying to rebuild all settings with the Tweaking Windows Repair tool.

My suspicion so far was that the repaired boot partition change caused havoc in the Windows security and UAC handlers - even as an Admin I am basically stripped out of most crucial rights.
I may just have lost the THIRD Win10 installation on this laptop within a few years. No image, no recovery, no Windows Repair and restore feature ever worked for me. Each and every one failed for one or the other reason. It was like that in 1991, and it is still like that in 2021.

Ever since they first coded System Restore Points into Windows ME (my first emergency upgrade from W95 when the latter refused to install on a new PC - lacking the drivers for such "advanced" hardware as a HDD with a whole gigabyte of storage !) they've saved my bacon on countless occasions since, through XP, Vista and W7, when installation of something new borked the PC.
Safe mode and System Restore have never failed to undo the damage and save my sanity.
Indeed it was the architectural clash between SR on dual-booted XP and Vista (incompatible software, same filenames) that brought me to this very forum 14 years ago for a solution, which the author provided personally within about 10 minutes. I've been lurking around here ever since.
I never used W8/8.1 for long enough to try SR, and I stuck with W7 till a year past EOL rather than switch to W10, so I've yet to need it here since being obliged to follow the herd.
I wouldn't contemplate being without it.
I can only recall one occasion when I've had to resort to the Armageddon solution of an OS re-installation, and that still mystifies me to this day.
A Vista OS, part of a quad-boot with XP, W7 and Ubuntu, sitting on a separate HDD from the main W7 OS, offline, unused for weeks, disk not even spinning, BSOD'd when I tried to boot it for routine monthly patches, and each attempt to fix the apparent problem just revealed another in a seemingly endless progression.
Stubborn pride kept me trying for ages on and off (It wasn't a much needed OS), until I finally cut my losses and just reinstalled the b*gg*r.
Sometimes the PC wins.

Back