Beta Build 203 crashes

Docfxit

Distinguished Member
I installed build 203 over the top of build 202. The installation went without an error. It said it had to Uninstall build 202 first though I didn't see it do the Uninstall. After installing build 203 the program crashes.

I then uninstalled the current build completely. I then re-installed it. Same problem.

Win7 Ultimate 32bit
To answer the other threads question you had. English.
If I can answer anything else to help resolve this please let me know.

Thanks,
Docfxit

You're installing and running EasyBCD normally? Not copying it to another folder, portable install, etc?

yes.

I am installing it directly to C:\Programs\EasyBCD\EasyBCD.exe
I am not copying it to any other folder. I am not running it portable.

Thanks,
Docfxit

Can you please replace NeoSmart.Localization.dll in the EasyBCD folder with the one attached here and see if that takes care of the crash?
Thank you.

Attachments

• NeoSmart.Localization.dll
    23.5 KB · Views: 11
Thank you for working on it.
I have replaced the NeoSmart.Locatization.dll file.
It's still crashing.
These are the details that gets produced during the crash:
Code:
 Problem Event Name:    CLR20r3
  Problem Signature 01:    EasyBCD.exe
  Problem Signature 02:    2.3.0.203
  Problem Signature 03:    560c25a6
  Problem Signature 04:    mscorlib
  Problem Signature 05:    4.0.30319.34209
  Problem Signature 06:    534894cc
  Problem Signature 07:    2199
  Problem Signature 08:    1e
  Problem Signature 09:    A4DH5WWIWWW1YJTMP0C0KV4ZWCALU4IN
  OS Version:    6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.48
  Locale ID:    1033
  Additional Information 1:    0a9e
  Additional Information 2:    0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
  Additional Information 3:    0a9e
  Additional Information 4:    0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

If there is anything else I can do to help resolve this please let me know.

Thanks,

Docfxit

Last edited:
I have attached the output from Process Monitor to see if it might help you. I think it will.

Docfxit

Attachments

• EasyBCDCrashProcessMonitor.txt
    373.2 KB · Views: 1
Just before it crashes it looks like it's trying to create a file EasyBCD.pdb:
Code:
CreateFile    C:\Programs\EasyBCD\EasyBCD.pdb    NAME NOT FOUND    Desired Access: Generic Read, Disposition: Open, Options: Synchronous IO Non-Alert, Non-Directory File, Random Access, Attributes: N, ShareMode: Read, Delete, AllocationSize: n/a
CreateFile    C:\Windows\symbols\exe\EasyBCD.pdb    PATH NOT FOUND    Desired Access: Generic Read, Disposition: Open, Options: Synchronous IO Non-Alert, Non-Directory File, Random Access, Attributes: N, ShareMode: Read, Delete, AllocationSize: n/a
CreateFile    C:\Windows\exe\EasyBCD.pdb    PATH NOT FOUND    Desired Access: Generic Read, Disposition: Open, Options: Synchronous IO Non-Alert, Non-Directory File, Random Access, Attributes: N, ShareMode: Read, Delete, AllocationSize: n/a
CreateFile    C:\Windows\EasyBCD.pdb    NAME NOT FOUND    Desired Access: Generic Read, Disposition: Open, Options: Synchronous IO Non-Alert, Non-Directory File, Random Access, Attributes: N, ShareMode: Read, Delete, AllocationSize: n/a

Docfxit

Thanks for that. The PDB is of no concern, the Windows API uses an odd naming scheme, but CreateFile here is actually an attempt to open (not create) a file that contains extra debug information because it crashed, and not something that caused the crash.

Can you please try build 204?

I have installed build 204. The installation went smoothly. It does not crash.
I have not tried rebooting yet. It looks like the install problem is fixed.
I will try rebooting now.

Thank you very much,
Docfxit

Back