Bootable USB thumb drive use

KrazyKyle

I just made a Rufus USB thumb drive to try to recover files on a crashed HDD on my paviliong6 . I get it to boot up to the drive and get the message but I don't know what info I'm supposed to type in so it will open on up ie... c:\ I don't know what to put in ? Everything I try come back "bad cmmd or file" ? I'm very green with computers but I am teachable .I don't have money to pay I've had cancer 3 times in the last 5 years so I would greatly appreciate any help > Thanks KrazyKyle

type "testdisk" into the YouTube search box and you'll find a whole string of tutorials.

i had no idea this was a private request? I clicked on the windows forum box? Thanks for the answer I have watched probably 50 and still no one answers the question. Once again I went to everything windows when I posted the question? Look how it's written? It clearly isn't trying to address one person? Have a wonderful day!
PS. Don't bother responding I certainly will not be responding to you again in a civil manner

That Signature is persistent (you can add one of your own in your profile)
It wasn't aimed at you or anyone individually and I'm very sorry if you found it offensive,
It's meant to be informative.
Look at my profile and you'll find I've been around a long while and helped a fair few people. Many of those have asked for personal help in PMs and rather than continually explain that this is a peer to peer forum where answers can be of help to others in the future if they peruse the history using the search tools, I added a tag to that effect. It's there on every reply I ever make.
Most of the forum mods have something similar tagged.

Back