Designate fonts "For All Users"

Hikermann

Distinguished Member
Windows 7: Adobe Illustrator ignores some of my installed fonts; have been told I need to designate fonts "for all users"; how does one do that, and can it be done for the entire FONTS file or must one open each individual font?

Many thanks!

Don't know Adobe illustrator personally, but that kind of message is normally an installation-time option and affects whether software installs stuff to your Users/yourname/ .. or Users/Public/... folder
If you can see a load of Adobe stuff in your /yourname/ folder structure, you could try copying it all to the equivalent /Public? folder(s)

Windows 10 added a new per-user fonts folder, located at C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Fonts where fonts are now installed to by default (because it doesn't require admin permissions).

To enable a font for all users, it needs to go to the old font folder at C:\Windows\Fonts, so you can open both paths in two explorer windows and copy-and-paste the fonts from one to the other.

There's probably another way, but this is what I've done.

No problem. It was released without much fanfare and with no discernable difference when viewing the user font folder, a very stealthy change.

Back