dual booting windows XP on second partition crashes

rtprtprtp

I have windows XP on the first and second partitions with windows 7 Pro on the 4th partition. Installed BCD into Windows 7 partition. I then reboot and selecting the second windows XP OS boots up but then crashes. It sees the pagefile (system) on the first WinXP partition but WinXP on the second partition is the boot partition. Obviously there are way way to many pointers in your software that DOES NOT hide the first WinXP partition when I boot into the second WinXP partition. The EasyLDR method is used per your instructions. UNLESS BCD isolates the two WinXP partitions the second WinXP crashes because it looks like Windows XP on the first partition wants to be the BOSS.
Unless you hide or remove other partitions that are visable on any given partition windows is at war with other windows partitons.

I have gone through this from scratch many times with the same result. The only way I have been able to get BCD to work correctly is by having only one Windows XP partition placed in the first partition with windows 7 Pro 32 bit and BCD installed on the second and then Windows 7 64 bit on the third partition.

It sounds like you are experiencing issues with dual-booting multiple Windows XP partitions and Windows 7 Pro on separate partitions, and the BCD bootloader is not isolating the partitions correctly. Without more information, it's difficult to determine the exact cause of the issue.
However, it's worth noting that Windows XP is an outdated operating system that is no longer supported by Microsoft. This means that running Windows XP on your system could pose security risks and may not be compatible with newer hardware or software. OptOnline
If you must run Windows XP on your system, one solution may be to use a virtual machine instead of a dual-boot configuration. A virtual machine would allow you to run Windows XP as a guest operating system within a virtual environment, without the need for a separate partition or bootloader.
Alternatively, if you need to use a dual-boot configuration, you may want to consider using a different bootloader, such as GRUB, which is commonly used with Linux systems but can also be used with Windows. GRUB may provide better partition isolation and may be more compatible with your specific configuration.

Back