EasyBCD 2.4 not running on Windows 8.1

Hi, I have been trying to run the EasyBCD program recently, but as soon as I press the button to accept that this is a program for non-commercial use, that window disappears and nothing else happens, I tried to uninstall and install the program and nothing, I tried delete the folder C: / Users / <my user> / AppData / Local / NeoSmart_Technologies and reinstall the program again, as you might imagine, the same thing kept happening, any help is welcome, thank you!

I press the button to accept that this is a program for non-commercial use
Where is this button ?
Can you give a screenshot.
I've never seen such a feature in all the years of using the community edition.
Did you download EasyBCD from the Neosmart website ?

Where is this button ?
Can you give a screenshot.
I've never seen such a feature in all the years of using the community edition.
Did you download EasyBCD from the Neosmart website ?
Screenshot_36.pngThis is the window, it appears after clicking "Yes" on the Windows"Program can modify files" alert, when I press the "Aceptar" button (Accept in inglish) the window disappears and then, nothing, just, im back to my desktop.

I don't recall ever seeing that, though I suppose it might have happened once, years ago on first installation but if so it obviously never caused a problem.
I did have a problem when I first switched to W10 from W7 with Hauppauge's WinTV8 application which worked perfectly on W7, and appeared to install fine on W10 but didn't do anything when started.
That turned out to be a problem with W10 authorization where it wasn't allowing the program access to various system files and folders without me going in and telling W10 to let it do what it needed to do.
Unfortunately, W10 (and W8.1 even more so)) were conceived as OSs for mobile devices with scant regard to the billion W7 desktop PCs on the planet, and they regarded anything installed from anywhere other than the Windows App store as probable malware and automatically denied any access to system resources unless the end-user gave specific authorization, but they failed to make that obvious during installation and left people to discover it for themselves,
Have a check under "controlled folder access" and see if you're getting locked out by W8

Have a check under "controlled folder access" and see if you're getting locked out by W8
uhhh ... you mean "run as administrator" right? if that's what you mean, let me tell you I already tried that, running the installer and the program as administrator, and the "bug" or whatever this problem is, keeps happening.

No you don't need to run as admin. The program self elevates.
Type in "controlled folder access" in the search box and it'll take you to the screen where you can see if
a) It's turned on (i.e. applies to all installed non-MS apps) and
b) if so which programs have been handcuffed by it.

No you don't need to run as admin. The program self elevates.
Type in "controlled folder access" in the search box and it'll take you to the screen where you can see if
a) It's turned on (i.e. applies to all installed non-MS apps) and
b) if so which programs have been handcuffed by it.
Remember that im not on WIN10, i searched a ñlot, and i find, that characteristic is from windows 10, not for win 8.1

Sorry, assumed that it might have been a roll-over from 8.1 to 10, but it seems to have only arrived with W10.
Can't give you any help with anything 8.1-specific because I never did more with it than install it, decide it was a heap of **** compared to W7, ignore it for years and then use it to get the free W10 upgrade.
Try examining the event log round the time that it fails and see if that's reporting a specific failure code for EasyBCD.
If so post back with that.

I don't recall ever seeing that, though I suppose it might have happened once, years ago on first installation but if so it obviously never caused a problem.
I did have a problem when I first switched to W10 from W7 with Hauppauge's WinTV8 application which worked perfectly on W7, and appeared to install fine on W10 but didn't do anything when started.
That turned out to be a problem with W10 authorization where it wasn't allowing the program access to various system files and folders without me going in and telling W10 to let it do what it needed to do.
Unfortunately, W10 (and W8.1 even more so)) were conceived as OSs for mobile devices with scant regard to the billion W7 desktop PCs on the planet, and they regarded anything installed from anywhere other than the Windows App store as probable malware and automatically denied any access to system resources unless the end-user gave specific authorization, but they failed to make that obvious during installation and left people to discover it for themselves,
It sounds like you had a similar experience with authorization issues on Windows 10, particularly with the Hauppauge's WinTV8 application. Checking controlled folder access might help address any potential access restrictions imposed by the operating system. sorry for replying on old post but might help others so that's why posting it here.

Back