EFI Issues

KOSH1966

Hello to all at the forum. I have a few questions. I was using EasyBCD and it worked well until i tried to clone a drive in my set up. After this all my Drives would not boot correctly(my own fault).When i did get my win 11 drive working alone and i tried to install EasyBCD to get me set up back up, i am now get the EFI Warning and easybcd will no longer work. I was thinking of buying Easy recovery essentials.

I have bought a new pc as i thought that may solve the issue but my new pc is still showing the EFI error when i try to install EasyBCD. If i re install easybcd then add my drives through the program, will Easy Recovery Essentials sort out the EFI Issue automatically or will i have to go into my pcs heart and change things in the Bios (sorry EUFI Set Up).

Also as my M2 SSD has Win 11 on(as my main drive) , will i have to buy just the Latest edition for home (Easy Recovery Essentials) for Win 11 or will i need another edition.

I have Vascular Dementia and i am terrified if i install easybcd and it all goes wrong again on my shiny new PC, i would be out of options.

Any help given is always much appreciated, thank you for reading.

The UEFI message from EasyBCD is not a fault with your system or with EasyBCD.
It's merely warning you that Microsoft has placed a number of restrictions in the bootmgr.efi which didn't exist in the old MBR/BIOS version.
MS will no longer allow you to boot 32bit OSs, legacy Windows or "foreign" things like Linux from the .efi version of bootmgr.
EasyBCD detects that it's running on a UEFI system and "greys" out the features which are no longer allowed to be used. You can still multi-boot W7, 8, 8.1, and 10 alongside your W11 as long as they're all 64 bit versions.
EasyBCD continues to work normally for all functions which MS allows.
You don't need EasyRE unless your system cannot boot and you haven't previously created a Windows recovery disc or flashdrive..

Terry60 you have really saved my life, i thought due to the warning screen Easy BCD could no longer be used on EFI systems without going deep into the Bios (EFI) and doing what it says in the warning message. I have just added a Win 10 to my Win 11 Installation and i have the Metro Bootloader back and can now have my beloved Multibooting System (even though now just 2 Windows Systems) up and running again.
I still intend to add another Win 10 and Win 11 as i am a big customizer of my PC and like to use Themes and Windowblinds.

I had no idea i could proceed with a multi booting system after i got the warning, without going into the Underbelly (Bios UEFI), Maybe others will now see it is still possible regardless of the warning. You have made an Old Man Happy again, my computer and how i use it is crucial to slowing My Vascular Parkinsonism Dementia, the last 10 days whilst waiting for my new PC to arrive and be set up has been a bit of a nightmare, i missed how it was before with a passion, reading your reply this morning was like winning a competition and such it is only fair i give something back, please point this old man in the direction of How To Donate to this Brilliant team.

PS The Win 10 Drive i added was untouched and when i booted into it, all EASYBCD setting were greyed out like you said, but is still fine in my Primarily Win 11 M2 SSD, which is how i will be adding the next two Win 11 and 10 SSDs so all is still well.

Glad to have given some degree of relief.

My late wife suffered from vascular dementia occasioned by a severe stroke which robbed her of the ability to read any longer from her extensive beloved library and my oldest schoolfriend has just been diagnosed with Parkinsons, though suffers no associated disability yet, so you have my sincerest sympathy and best wishes for continued good health into the future.

EasyBCD is and always has been, completely free for home use, and all here, bar the author himself, are merely users of EasyBCD contributing to a forum of peers. The "staff member" tag is an honorific only, denoting my status as a forum moderator granted due to the fact that I've beem hanging about here for 16 years after dropping in to solve a Vista/XP dual boot problem.

There is a donate function under EasyBCD > Help should you still wish to show your appreciation to the author Mqudsi for the effort he's continued to put in after conceiving this little gem while still a student.

I'm currently stalled in the middle of the world's slowest new PC build for a state of the art Flight Simulator, sitting amongst a pile of expensive components awaiting a replacement for a motherboard which was DOA.

Glad to have given some degree of relief.

My late wife suffered from vascular dementia occasioned by a severe stroke which robbed her of the ability to read any longer from her extensive beloved library and my oldest schoolfriend has just been diagnosed with Parkinsons, though suffers no associated disability yet, so you have my sincerest sympathy and best wishes for continued good health into the future.

EasyBCD is and always has been, completely free for home use, and all here, bar the author himself, are merely users of EasyBCD contributing to a forum of peers. The "staff member" tag is an honorific only, denoting my status as a forum moderator granted due to the fact that I've beem hanging about here for 16 years after dropping in to solve a Vista/XP dual boot problem.

There is a donate function under EasyBCD > Help should you still wish to show your appreciation to the author Mqudsi for the effort he's continued to put in after conceiving this little gem while still a student.

I'm currently stalled in the middle of the world's slowest new PC build for a state of the art Flight Simulator, sitting amongst a pile of expensive components awaiting a replacement for a motherboard which was DOA.
Hi Terry.

Minis Strokes were how i was diagnosed, they think i have had about 20 mini strokes due to the scaring in my Brain, it is a truly Horrific disease, you have my utmost sympathies about your Lovely Wife. The Parkinsonism part of my condition means i have traits of Parkinson's but not the full thing, i have hand tremors occasionally and my Balance is way off meaning i can trip and fall, something i have done recently, with a huge Hematoma above my Eye. Being without a computer, really pushed me back, more than we all expected, so it is vital to giving me some stability and slowing my decline.

I will be sure to send Mqudsi a donation, as long as i can use paypal later today, as that is the point i will be using EasyBCD to add a new Win 10 SSD Drive to the Multi Boot, i now have 2 Win 11 installations working and booting fine, and only need to add another Win 10 and i will be back to using the both sides of the Customising coin , Themes on two Win 11s, and Themes and Windowblinds on two Win 10s.

Your help was crucial to this Terry as i had no idea i could still use EasyBCD with the error, without delving deep into a Brand New Bios(UFI), something i did not want to do.

Ally The Very Best To You And Yours, and many, many thanks for all you have done for me , and countless others in this forum.

Donation Completed, i know i said i would do it last night when i added my Win 10 drive, but i do have Dementia Ha Ha , as long as i get there in the end, thank you Terry for your great help and advice, and thank you to Easy BCD for giving me the confidence to re set up my Multi Booting System after wrecking my old system. After being told i can some what ignore the EFI warning, i have all the parts of a half decent Computer Set Up, just need a new case and i will put it all back together and maybe Donate it. 1 thing has come from all this, i now have a Brand New Powerful Desktop PC, and one in reserve, albeit if it is in Bits right now.

Hi Terry.

Minis Strokes were how i was diagnosed, they think i have had about 20 mini strokes due to the scaring in my Brain, it is a truly Horrific disease, you have my utmost sympathies about your Lovely Wife. The Parkinsonism part of my condition means i have traits of Parkinson's but not the full thing, i have hand tremors occasionally and my Balance is way off meaning i can trip and fall, something i have done recently, with a huge Hematoma above my Eye. Being without a computer, really pushed me back, more than we all expected, so it is vital to giving me some stability and slowing my decline.

I will be sure to send Mqudsi a donation, as long as i can use paypal later today, as that is the point i will be using EasyBCD to add a new Win 10 SSD Drive to the Multi Boot, i now have 2 Win 11 installations working and booting fine, and only need to add another Win 10 and i will be back to using the both sides of the Customising coin , Themes on two Win 11s, and Themes and Windowblinds on two Win 10s.

Your help was crucial to this Terry as i had no idea i could still use EasyBCD with the error, without delving deep into a Brand New Bios(UFI), something i did not want to do.

Ally The Very Best To You And Yours, and many, many thanks for all you have done for me , and countless others in this forum.

Back