Help - Acronis Update failed and corrupted MBR

EldonZ

Hello, I was updating the Acronis True Image program and it failed. Now the Win 10 disk will not boot. It appears that the MBR is corrupted because Win 10 says the drive is not accessible. I tried rebuilding the BCD with BCD deployment and Write MBR. Now when booting Win 10, it does not let me into the recovery tools. It just gves me 9 options of boot which don't seem to work.

You can try EasyRE to see if it can recover your access to Windows automatically. Otherwise I would recommend using something like testdisk from a Linux live CD to try to rebuild the MBR from scratch.

Hello, I was updating the Acronis True Image program and it failed. Now the Win 10 disk will not boot. It appears that the MBR is corrupted because Win 10 says the drive is not accessible. I tried rebuilding the BCD with BCD deployment and Write MBR. Now when booting Win 10, it does not let me into the recovery tools. It just gves me 9 options of boot which don't seem to work.
Your problem sounds very serious.
EasyBCD should have the tools to do this but you can also try using an image of HIRENS Bootcd. You will need to have at least one working partition to be able to boot into to and download this and set this up. I have used this wonderful USB stick full of bells and whistles for years to do everything. It runs off of a single thumb drive and has the OS and everything on it to make your partitions work again. Give it a try. Its free!

Last edited:
Back