MBR location

hhvoje

Hello everyone. I've been struggeling for a long time to find the right position of the MBR. Presently I have two HDs, one a new SSD, both Winows 10. I chose to
put the boot location into the main partition of my new SSD. In EasyBCD I see both Windows installations and marked the SSD as a preset. Result: After the UEFI Bios has done its work, I do not get the DOS-like choice of Windows installations to chose from (and wait the desired seconds) but instead I always get the blue Windows10 tiles - with the same choice as planned.
In other cases (PCs) I only see the DOS-like choices but here, always the blue Winows tiles to chose from - and without an indication of waiting time in seconds.
So - I gathered, the location of the starting sequence is important. As in EasyBCD one can put the starting sequence (and / or?) in any partition.
I wish anyone can clarify this for good : Where do you put the location - on which partition - the get the right result?
Hoping for help.
Heinz

I made the screenshots - but how to post them?? So I just put a LINK to the screenshots in my cloud.
Another strange observation: When re-starting the PC with the Windows re-start button - THEN the BCD choice screen in DOS mode appears as expected. But only in this case. With a normal start I get the blue Windows version (see screenshot).
Would be great to clarify this for once and for all.
Thank you.
Heinz

You have SSD Music specified as your default OS but the other drive is set as your boot drive in the BIOS (disk 0)
Try changing the boot order in the BIOS to give the SSD top spot and seeing whether that makes things less strange.

Disk Management flags have the following meanings

"boot" = "this is the system you're running"
"system" = "this is where I found the boot files for the currently running system"
"active" (on the first HDD in the BIOS boot sequence) = "this is where I started the search for the boot files"
"active" (on subsequent HDDs in the BIOS boot sequence) ="this is where I will look if I don't find something in the MBR on the first HDD"

Translations are listed in

Back