NSIS I/O error: Easy USB Creator Lite.exe won't install on XP

mystirc

Mr Al-Qudsi,
Re: NSIS error trying to Install Easy USB Creator Lite.exe​

My downloading laptop: Toshiba Satellite P105-S6084 with OS Windows XP SP3
My broken laptop: Dell Inspiron N5110 with OS Windows 7

In June my Windows 7 Dell laptop shut down coming out of Standby. On Restart, the Repair mode returns an I/O error code ‘0xc00000e9’, a device communicating problem, but with no external devices attached. All modes of Startup, Safe, Repair, Last successful config, etc., returns the same error. F2, F8, and F12 are accessible, but no help.

I found your website and read the following article, proceeding as instructed:
Windows 7 Recovery Disk and Repair Disc Download Posted on October 12, 2009 by Mahmoud Al-Qudsi

I bought and downloaded ‘EasyRE for Windows 7.iso’ and prepared to make a USB BOOT for the Windows 7 Dell laptop. I then found I had to download the Easy USB Creator Lite.exe, but when I tried to install there was only a Critical Stop bell with no dialog box. I tried several times and then downloaded again from different parts of your website 6 times. Each install activated the Critical Stop bell with only one time showing dialog box – NSIS error.
On each downloaded file I also tried to install, bypassing the corrupted file test, in the Command window with the path to “Easy USB Creator Lite.exe” followed by a space and /NCRC. Same result, a Critical Stop bell with no dialog box.

Before and after this experience, I downloaded and installed other programs with no issues. I have never had a NSIS error before. I can only ascertain that the downloaded file, Easy USB Creator Lite.exe, is corrupted or is incomplete. Do you have any other suggestion?

Please advise.

Back