Odd networking speed bug

jiklomiki83

I never even heard of network drives, until I saw something about them online the other day.
I have a question on how they work.
Old Laptop - Let's say that on my old laptop I have some Visual Novel games.
New Laptop - Let's say that there is a drive called Visual Novel Games (F:smile: and it is connected to all those games on my Old Laptop.
Will I then be able to play the Old Laptop's Visual Novel games on my New Laptop?

Short answer - Yes (depending on the OS on each of the PCs)
I have a W10/W7 desktop and a W10 laptop on which I can access everything on both from either, provided I'm running W10 on both.
With W7 on the desktop, I could only manage a one-way access.

It should be simple W7 to W7 using a "homegroup" but W10 deprecated that feature (along with just about everything else useful) so they don't work well together.

W10 to W10 is not as easy. but it does work eventually after you create shared access folder by folder on both PCs
You don't actually need a "network folder". Once you've jumped through all the hoops of creating shared access and correctly configured your network, you'll see the other PC and all of it's shared resources in the Network portion of the Explorer tree underneath all your local drives and if you've configured ir correctly you can access stuff as easily as if it were just another USB drive plugged into the PC.

Be prepared to lose some hair (torn out in frustration) as you try to get it working though.
W7 made it simple. W10 has made it as convoluted and frustrating as they could contrive.

Be prepared to spend a lot of time searching the web to find out why it's not working yet.

Back