ToolTipFixer 1.0.1 and Maxthon Browser Search

bobbyk

Great to have the tool tips always on top but there seems to be an issue when the NST ToolTipFixer service is used in conjunction with the Maxthon Broswer (versions 1.5.9 and 1.6.1). If the service is started prior to launching the broswer, the search pop-up (Ctrl-F) is hidden until a mouse click on the broswer window. The only way around it I can find is to shutdown the service prior to launching the browser ...

Cheers.

Hi bobbyk, welcome to NeoSmart Technologies.

I just tested this here and can replicate your results. However, this is a Maxthon bug - they're not using the proper APIs to make things appear on top.

ToolTipFixer only modifies components of the Win32 ToolTip class. The only explanation is that Maxthon is improperly using ToolTips in the main-browser design; and that is causing the conflict.

The fact that other pop-up dialogs (in Opera, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Windows, Office, and more) work just fine attests to this fact.

I'd recommend submitting a bug report to the Maxthon team; they've been known to address these issues fairly quickly in the past.

Thanks for using ToolTipFixer; and once again, welcome to NeoSmart Technologies.

Back