Vmware Server Problem

toxic chicken

Distinguished Member
i'm using iis7, and i installed vmware server. it shows up in the iis manager, along with the normal server. i can access my normal server (port 80), and it works fine. but when i go to the vmware server ports (8222 and 8333, https) i get this error:

Server Error in 'VMware Management Interface 1.0.0' Application.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

HTTP Error 500.19 - Internal Server Error
Description: The requested page cannot be accessed because the related configuration data for the page is invalid in the metabase on the Web server.

Error Code: 0x800700b7

Notification: SendResponse

Module: CustomErrorModule

Requested URL: http://localhost:8222/index.html

Physical Path: C:\Program Files\VMware\VMware Management Interface\htdocs\index.html

Logon User: Anonymous

Logon Method: Anonymous

Handler: StaticFile

Config Error: Cannot add duplicate collection entry

Config File: \\?\C:\Windows\system32\inetsrv\applicationHost.config Line: 843

Causes:

The worker process is unable to read the applicationhost.config or web.config file.
There is malformed XML in the applicationhost.config or web.config file.
Solution:

Look in the event logs for information about why the configuration files could not be read.
Make sure the user identity specified for the application pool has the required permissions to access the web application and server configuration files.
More Information... This error occurs when there is a problem reading the configuration file for the Web server or Web application. Consult the event logs for more information on this error.

Microsoft Knowledge Base Articles:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Server Version Information: Internet Information Services 7.0.

my applicationhost.config file

and since i know cg is the one that's going to tell me how to fix it, thanks cg. :tongueout:

Please open the event log
(CP | Administrative Tools | Event Log | System)

and copy and paste the related entries here :wink:

In the meantime, I'll try to install VMware Server myself on Vista.

Back