Why Converters!

Kahai

Distinguished Member
okay i have started a new AMV and Vdub doesnt like Mp3 files so i need to convert into wave, a simple task, but the program i found that works the easiest has only 20 converts left out of 30.

So i searched Cnet's Download.com (i really dont know what i would do without Cnet :wink: lol ) and found two "free" programs, not limitations like a trial or something. so i download them both, and i try to install the first one that finished.

I run the installer, with the default settings, installing on C:. it installs the program and when it gets to registering... "Mircosoft (C) Register Server has stopped working"
i hit close program, and a new dialog opens, telling me to do one of three things, abort, retry or ignore. This dialog is:

Code:
Error
C:\Windows\system32\NCTAudioInformation2.dll

Unable to register the DLL\OCX: RegSvr32 failed with exit code 0xC0000005.

Click Retry to try again, Ignore to proceed anyway (not recmommended), or Abort to cancel installation.

So i tried it again and to no avail it said the same thing. i tried the second program i downloaded. same install, default locations and settings. it goes to registering and fails again.

I get this Error:

Code:
Error
C:\Windows\system32\NCTAudioCDGrabber2.dll

Unable to register the DLL\OCX: RegSvr32 failed with exit code 0xC0000005.

Click Retry to try again, Ignore to proceed anyway (not recmommended), or Abort to cancel installation.
(note the slight change in the Dll file.)

Please Help me :frowning:

And if at all possible maybe a better opensource converter or something.

---
These are the two programs ive tried to install:
Free Mp3/Wma/Ogg Converter - Free software downloads and reviews - CNET Download.com

Free Audio Editor 2008 - Free software downloads and reviews - CNET Download.com

I had the same problem before. My car MP3 player only plays MP3 so i had to convert the WAVS to MP3.
However i probably dont have as many as you so i was able to make do with the trial. However, i think i found a nice one that was free ill try looking for it.

What you can try is installing and reinstalling till you finish them up.
Or you could look for something that makes Vdub like MP3 files?

i tried installing again, it rolls back, it deletes everything from the install.

idk id rather not mess with Vdub, im only converting a few files, the problem is, im cutting the mp3's up and merging them, and then i need to make them waves.

Conversion of Audio Files to different formats:

EAC, LAME, FLAC, Foobar2000, Abcde

Those might help.

i got lame, it is alright..

I needed specifically mp3 to wav, but i think i solved my problem.

im not going to use Vdub for the audio, i can import the AVI files into windows movie maker (which im better at) after editing them in Vdub, and i can just put in the mp3's or Wav into movie maker ^_^

Winamp can rip Flac so im fine with that^_^

I have heard great thing of foobar. But do you plan on putting this right to DVD? There are some good tolls for that if you can get the video complied in avi format.

^ no Dvd's... i dont have any anyways, nor do i need to output it there.

it is most likely only going to be going on youtube. (although i may upload the full final version to mediafire or something)

i maybe downloaded 20 converters mostly for video and they all only gave me 20% of the clip or movie so i gave up in the end

^ aw, Ali get Virtual Dub, it should be able to open and convert via save as it opens a alot of things, now i just have to figure out if it can open mkv files, and if not if theres a plug-in for it to.

Here Ali

I used to have this pretty great program, i just found it again ^_^: AllToAvi Home

Last edited:
Back