Windows 10 New Installation Doesn't Recognize Internet Connection

cajun1955

I had to uninstall and reinstall Window 10 using a Microsoft installation disc. I'm installing to a SEPARATE DRIVE. Installation completed. Its CONFIGURATION that's not completing. It quickly hung up on a page that requires Windows 10 RECOGNIZE my INTERNET SERVICE and CONNECT TO IT. It will not. I have Windows 7 on another drive and there are no issues there. It's only windows 10 for some reason. My provider is AT&T. The modem is a BGW210, for what that's worth. AT&T wanted to run diagnostics, but they cannot because it's only on Windows 10 to which I will not connect. The modem light is GREEN, while the modem CARD LIGHT is YELLOW and continuously FLASHING. Does that mean anything aside from not wishing to complete the connection? I have the 64 BIT version of Windows 7 and 10 if that helps. I may upgrade to Windows 11 later, however i have to get Windows 10 fully running first, so I have an alternative to Windows 7 once I uninstall it. PLEASE HELP

It sounds like your Windows 10 installation is having trouble recognizing and connecting to your internet service. The flashing yellow light on your modem card could indicate an issue with the modem or the connection. You could try troubleshooting the modem by power cycling it or contacting AT&T for assistance. It's also possible that there is a driver issue with your network adapter in Windows 10. You could try updating the driver or checking to make sure it's properly installed. If you're still having trouble, you could try a clean install of Windows 10 or seek professional technical support.

Back