Windows 10 Stuck in bootloop

PatPerx

So i had my friend try using EasyBCD to try an fix an issue that we wernt even sure was an issue. I had the use the re-create/repair boot files option in BCD Backup/Repair tab. And the pc just boots and then after about 30 seconds restarts, also no display, sounds, or anything. We tried reseating ram and unplugging all kinds of things and still nothing. NEED HELP ASAP.
We made it to windows recovery and tried having it repair but it ended up black screening after attempting to repair, and then started again with being in a boot loop.

Last edited:
Can you boot into Safe Mode? Probvably best to use a different machine to download Microsoft Media Creation Tool to make either a bootable USB drive or a bootable DVD (DL) of Windows 10, all downloadable from Microsoft, just Google it. You can then repair either the Startup, you may have to run it several times, or run an in-place upgrade which is another name for Repair Install.
Tutorials for which are available here: Ten Forums - Windows 10 Help and Support Forum

Can you boot into Safe Mode? Probvably best to use a different machine to download Microsoft Media Creation Tool to make either a bootable USB drive or a bootable DVD (DL) of Windows 10, all downloadable from Microsoft, just Google it. You can then repair either the Startup, you may have to run it several times, or run an in-place upgrade which is another name for Repair Install.
Tutorials for which are available here: Ten Forums - Windows 10 Help and Support Forum
We have a windows 10 usb, but cant even get to safe mode. if we get into windows recovery by some miracle it doesnt give an option for safe and also when it goes to restart or boot up, it just goes back to being in a boot loop. Cant even access bios...

Then I think it should be taken to a computer repair shop as I don't think there is anything to be done here.
I will ask a colleague in the UK, he may add something helpful.
@Terry60 any ideas?

Can you get into the BIOS (normally keep hittting "del" after power on).
If so set boot priority to optical before HDD

then boot from your Installation DVD
Select "repair your computer" > "Repair startup"

do the above two lines three times

Remove the DVD and reboot

Thx Terry
If you don’t have the DVD you can make one. Microsoft has everything you need - just Google Windows 10 Media Creation Tool. You could do all that on another PC.

Back