EasyBCD error...Please Help

EasyE

I downloaded EasyBCD 1.7.2 but when I run it, this error prompted:
attachment.php

I cannot add nor remove entry since there is no entry(ies) in the "Manage Existing Entries" window. Can someone show me how to fix this error?

Thanks.

Attachments

• Error EasyBCD.JPG
    Error EasyBCD.JPG
    25 KB · Views: 19
Last edited:
Are you using EasyBCD in XP or Vista. Sounds as if that is in XP since it cant find the BCD Entries.

I can't see the image only a small white square with a red x in the middle but like Makaveli213 pointed out you won't see any if running EasyBCD in XP or any other older version of Window. This is a tool for editing the Vista boot options. You'll want to review the wiki for how to use the EasyBCD tool seen at http://neosmart.net/wiki/display/EBCD/Windows+XP if you are trying to add XP into the Vista boot loader.

Are you using EasyBCD in XP or Vista. Sounds as if that is in XP since it cant find the BCD Entries.
Hello!
I have tried using EasyBCD on both XP and Vista but the same error prompt appears everytime.
In case the image does not appear in my post, this is the text message:

"Unhandled exception has occurred in your application. If you click Continue, the application will ignore this error and attempt to continue. If you click Quit, the application will immediately.

Configuration failed to initialize."

Here are the following details:

"************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
<system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.

I know with XP you need .NET 2.0 installed for EasyBCD to work. In Vista it should work with no issues. The error i am seeing is in regards to the .NET framework. Might be something to do with .NET 3.5? Do you have that installed? Do you have .NET 3.5 Sp1 installed?

That sounds more like an incomplete install. Without 3.5 on here for Vista 1.7.2 still performs without errors. Try a fresh download and see how that goes in Vista.

I know with XP you need .NET 2.0 installed for EasyBCD to work. In Vista it should work with no issues. The error i am seeing is in regards to the .NET framework. Might be something to do with .NET 3.5? Do you have that installed? Do you have .NET 3.5 Sp1 installed?
Thank you very much. Problem solved. .NET 2.0 was missing.

Back