Happy New Year Everyone!

Mak 2.0

Mod...WAFFLES!?!?
Staff member
Just wanted to wish everyone a Happy New Year.

2008 was a good year for us. Lets make 2009 even better!

Cheers,
Mak

2nd if I had something unique to say earlier :wink:

Where I live we're like the last to bring in the new year. Happy New Year everyone.

Especially Apple ones... i'm looking into a new macbook sometime this year if I can manage it.

In this year, I hope everyone's wishes come true. Be healthy and happy :smile: Happy new year from me, too . :happy:

Happy New Year, everyone :smile:

(Justin, I just got myself a new Unibody Macbook - 2.4GHz 13.3" - and I love it... it's a good buy, and I hear they'll be dropping ~200 USD after the upcoming Macworld!)

I wouldn't be buying any portables but will be looking at a new build sometime to see one of the new Phenom II X4s coming out soon go into it. But I'll say Happy and a Better New Year right back to you.

I've already seen one review on one of the new Phenom X4s being oced and stable at 6.3ghz! Plus I would have to say I am simply more of an AMD fan over Intel for a good number of years now. :lol:

I had originally hoped to get into an AMD quad core model for this build. But AMD was a bit late. The new line will also see models 3ghz and above stock.

Especially Apple ones... i'm looking into a new macbook sometime this year if I can manage it.

Me too. :smile: I think that the Macbook Air is probably going to be the next computer that i get...:wink: Hopefully though the price will drop just a tad! :lol: I'm looking forward to trying out Mac OS X...been previously using Windows and Linux (Ubuntu). I hear its GREAT! :grinning:

Happy New Year, everyone, as well...though i know i'm a little late! :tongueout:

Cheers! :brows:

-Coolname007

Last edited:
Well I live with a brother that works with Apple and all I hear from him is about how great thier products are. Its also an investment in knowledge gain and experience primarly.

The 6.3ghz oc was something reported by the author of one review on the new line of Phenoms coming up soon. Just the stock speed alone tops the 2.6ghz seen on the fastest model presently out. That would be something here for the next work horse type build when going to upgrade again.

Well I live with a brother that works with Apple and all I hear from him is about how great thier products are. Its also an investment in knowledge gain and experience primarly.

No doubt. :smile: But i've heard though that the Mac interface is very user-friendly, so it shouldn't be too hard to figure out...:wink:

Cheers! :smile:

-Coolname007

It is incredibly user-friendly... but it's also drastically different in terms of usage paradigms compared to Windows and will take some getting used to.

Quick example: Mac apps aren't intended to be run in full-screen. None of them, not even the web browser, etc..... whereas on Windows, users are used to maximizing the main program they're working on.

Yeah that leaves me a little paranoid... I'm always maxing my windows. First thing I do when I open a program.

Here I tend to use an IE maximizer that will automatically open a new window in IE to max or full screen viewing. That helps when you open a link on a page. The only time I prefer small windows is when dumping the recycle bin or having two explorer windows open.

One thing seen on 7 in the MS promotional video is how two IE windows set side by side will automatically resize themselves to fit the screen rather then grabbing the sides on each to fit them manually. The presentation someone posted on YouTube shows an item being compared at amazon and another online vendor for price comparison.

The playlist seen for that and others is at http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=windows+7&search_type=&aq=f

It is incredibly user-friendly... but it's also drastically different in terms of usage paradigms compared to Windows and will take some getting used to.

Quick example: Mac apps aren't intended to be run in full-screen. None of them, not even the web browser, etc..... whereas on Windows, users are used to maximizing the main program they're working on.

REALLY?!!! :wtf: Man, that sucks! :ldown: So why did Apple not include the feature of maxing windows? seems odd that they didn't...:huh: So how small are the windows then, if not full-screen? do they at least show enough of the content in the apps to prevent having to horizantally scroll every time you want to view something?

That's a big drop in user compatibility in my opinion...:x I thought the objective of Mac OS X was to make it easier on users than Windows, not harder! :lol:

-Coolname007

Back