Windows Vista not loading

I have a Toshiba E105-S1402 purchased in April 2009 and now the laptop will not boot into Windows Vista. I can not seem to use the link for the Windows Vista recovery Disc Torrrent. I get a message on screen says the Page Can Not Be Displayed. I already downloaded the uTorrent 1.8.2. The laptop will not allow me to go into safe mode or any of the modes when I press F8. I have the discs that came with the laptop but that doesn't seem to work. A blue screen comes up for a split second, but not longer enough for you to read the error message.

I have a Toshiba E105-S1402 purchased in April 2009 and now the laptop will not boot into Windows Vista. I can not seem to use the link for the Windows Vista recovery Disc Torrrent. I get a message on screen says the Page Can Not Be Displayed. I already downloaded the uTorrent 1.8.2. The laptop will not allow me to go into safe mode or any of the modes when I press F8. I have the discs that came with the laptop but that doesn't seem to work. A blue screen comes up for a split second, but not longer enough for you to read the error message.
Hi help, welcome to NST.
It sounds like your network settings, or network configuration might be off. Or if you're using wireless, it could be the connection is being interrupted, so when you try the load the page, it fails. I have that problem sometimes myself, and I think its due to there being a low signal where I live.
Have you tried to load the page again? Sometimes it times out if its taking too long to load the page. You should try it a few more times, and see if you still get the same problem.

Cheers.

Jake

I waited until I got home and was able to get to site and make DVD. My employer must have a block on it. I loaded the DVD but now I am getting another error. It says that Windows has encountered a problem communicating with a device connected to your computer. This error can be caused by unplugging a removable storage device such as an external USB drive while the device is in use, or by family hardware such as a hard drive or CD-ROM drive that is failing. Make sure any removable storage is properly connected and then restart your computer. Status: 0xc000000e9 an unexpected I/O error has occurred. This laptop was purchased in April 09. I have not dropped or used any removable storage on this laptop. I need serious help. Toshiba E105-S1402. Toshiba is going to mail a box for me to mail the laptop but it is going to take 7-10 days before I receive box and also it can take up to 30 days for them to repair.

Can you remove the HDD and reseat it to check that the connections are OK, or is it behind some warranty-voiding seals ?
Ditto the optical drive.
Are you getting the message about accessing the CD drive, or is that booting and giving you the message about the HDD ?

Last edited:
Also, I never get the Vista logo on screen at all.

Addendum:

I don't know how to remove the HDD. That is move advanced than I know how to do.

Addendum:

It is accessing the DVD that I create and then almost at the end of the installation the error about the HDD comes up.

Last edited:
Back